Finding Shelter

"What do you mean it doesn't work" I shouted at the guy who wouldn't give me our donuts. "I mean the card is dead, it was stopped, all the money is gone, poof." he gave me an annoyed look. "Fine" i said, slowly turn around then stopped. I thought for a moment and saw Jazzy playing in a puddle. I then turned back around and grabbed the donuts and ran out the door. Me and Jazzy sat on the roof eating away watching the employee's run around in confusion. "Hehe this is fun." Jazzy said with a smile taking another bite. 

"Maybe you should fly higher, Jazz." I requested nervously. "okay" she shot up in the air with a big smile on her face. She came up next to me. It was already 1:00 pm. "Micky, I'm tired." "Jazz, stop whining." " but I am." I sighed "fine let's go" we dropped down and started walking. We looked all around for a place to sleep but it was hopeless there was no place to stay. Something cold latched onto my arm and pulled me into the ally. "Hey whats the big idea!" I shouted i'm from New York so it kinda slipped from my mouth, and it wasn't best thing to say but it was something.

"what are you doing in Virginia" a soft voice spoke. I knew that voice "NICK" I opened my eyes and he let go of my arm. "You scared me half to death!" he looked at me with innocent eyes "sorry" he paused and looked at Jazzy then continued "what are you doing here." "Malvick found us in New York" I pulled Jazzy in " we need a place to stay." "If you need a place to sleep, my house is good enough--" "OOOH YEA! Let's go." Jazzy interupted. i looked around, "fine" i said and nick ran into the ally way. Jazz and I were soon after.

"Ms. Mackie" Nick yelled down the hallway. A young women stepped out around the age of 26 "Oh, you must be Mickayla, ive heard so much." She took my hand and shook it. "Do you know my name" Jazzy said standing up straight "hmmm... may I say... Jasmine," she said playfully. "Yup but, everyone calls me Jazz or Jazzy," she said enthusiastically. Ms. Mackie smiled. "Ms. Mackie, I found them wandering around, lost, and they need a place to stay for tonight," Nick asked. "This is the most I've ever heard him speak, of course you can stay," Ms. Mackie exclaimed. We walked into the living room and got settled in "do you need anything" her soft voice sounded angelic like but i knew she wasn't anything but mortal. "We're fine" i smiled and she turned out the light. "Goodnight"

I slowly opened my eyes to a noise coming from outside. I got up and opened the door. I didn't see anything so I stepped out onto the cold cement with my bare feet. Something pushed to the ground and inside the door slamming it shut and locking it. I got up and started hitting and kicking the door until Ms. Mackie opened up and i pushed her out of the way. Using my werewolf nose to find the creature. I breathed in and out slowly and waltzed into the kitchen. "What is wrong with you!" I could tell Ms. Mackie was upset. "Wait" i said still sniffing. "Don't tell me what to--" "what do you smell M.J." Jazzy said with her innocent voice. "Not sure, something ran in and it can't get out." Ms. Mackie grabbed my hand and spun me around. "You were probably just sleep walking" she said calming down. "NO!" i shouted pushing her off me. I was getting annoyed. "Wait where's Nick?" Jazzy asked. We looked around. I ran up the chipped wooden stairs into Nick's room. Just in time too, i found him in his bed with a black silhouette over his bed. I ran and jumped on it as it was getting to Nick. Ms. Mackie came in and turned on the lights. the thing hissed at me and I hit him on the nose and it hissed again this time flaring teeth I realized he was a vampire. He threw me to the wall and ran to the other side of the room  "ALL WEREWOLFS WILL DIE" he shouted before Jazzy pushed him through the big window. Ms. Mackie ran to Nick's side and hugged him tight. "What is going on." She shouted at me tension built in her voice. "That was a vampire, and me and Jazzy are a werewolf, dark angel mix." I said trying to make it sound normal. I paused and looked at Nick "Nick is also a werewolf" I said carefully. I spilled everything about our life. When i finished i looked at Ms. Mackie the confusion on her face made me think 'was this a mistake.'

We said our goodbyes that night Ms. Mackie said nothing. We started walking towards the closest park. "Why did you tell her!" Jazzy was obviously upset with me. "I had too," I paused "she needed an honest explanation." Jazzy was silent the rest of the walk. We got to the playground and climbed up the biggest tree there. Jazzy fell asleep while i kept look out. it was quiet most of the night. Until something hopped in the tree next to me. Jazzy rubbed her eyes and and asked "What's up Nick" "Ms. Mackie kicked me out" he replied. "Why" Jazzy interrupted. "shh" I pushed towards Jazz. "After you guys left she asked me if it was true and I said yes" he stopped. "Then I transformed" he said softly. Jazz and I looked at each other in worry. "she through a shoe at me and told me to leave." I looked into his eyes. "She called me a demon" his 8 year old voice made me feel regret. "Well your gonna have to stick with us then" I said with a smile.