Corey's Mark

It was getting close to closing time at the shop and Mel had insisted on staying until six and not going home early. She had faith that there would be at least one costumer today and she hoped for Thomas's sake that she was right.

To her surprise a short guy with a buzz cut walked in.

"See I told you someone would come." She whispered to Thomas and he rolled his eyes bending down to whisper in her ear.

"If he actually buys something I'll reward you later." This sent shivers down Mel's spine as she tried to ignore the blush on her cheeks.

Damien pretended not to notice the flirtation between the girl and the shop owner as he rummaged through some old records not really paying attention to who they were by.

"Hello sir can I help you with anything?" The girl asked him from behind the counter and he simply nodded. He needed to get her alone but he didn't know how.

"Actually a friend of mine recommended this place to me."

"Oh really what's your friends name do I know them?" Mel asked trying to ignore Thomas's warm hand going up her thigh. Over the past few days of living together they had gotten considerably closer, mentally and physically. But mostly physically, still Mel was very much a virgin and she intended to keep it that way.

"God knows I'm good. God knows I'm good. God may look the other way." Damien sang eyeing the curly haired girl. Watching her put the pieces together was quite amusing. Anyone could see that the small girl was beautiful in a cute and adorable way. She had big and brown doe eyes and a cute smile but Damien didn't usually go for black girls. In fact, Damien didn't really like girls at all, but he could never tell anyone that.

"Thomas go get my book." Mel stated abruptly.

"What?" Thomas asked confused.

"Go get my book please. It's in the back room. I need it." She lied.

"Ok?" Thomas shrugged giving her a confused look before going to look for a book that was actually sitting right beside Mel. Once Thomas was gone she focused her attention back to the guy dressed in all black in the corner. Her heart rate increasing.

"What do you want?" She asked.

"My cousin wants to see you."

"Who's your cousin?" Mel asked impatiently.

"Corey sweetheart." The guy smirked eying her as his fingers rummaged through the records.

"I don't believe you."

"Oh?" He smirked raising up his right shirt sleeve to expose the familiar snake tattoo with the words we never die written on it in thin black letters. He chuckled at the surprised look on her face. "He thought you'd remember that."

"Yeah well why didn't he just come and see me himself? It's been weeks." Mel whispered, a little hurt.

"He wanted to but he couldn't. The murder was too fresh." Damien could tell that he shouldn't have said that, sometimes his big mouth really ruined things.

"Thomas!" The girl yelled.

"Look if you want to see him meet him in the alley tonight at 6:30. Oh and he said to come alone but I'll be around to keep you safe." The guy stated before swiftly leaving the shop.

"Look Mel I couldn't find the book I looked everywhere- what's wrong?" Thomas asked after seeing Mel's sweaty face.

Mel didn't know what to say, should she lie or tell him the truth? After a while, she decided that this was nothing she couldn't handle by herself.