Secretly Immortal: Chapter Eight!

Longer chapter today! Sorry for the delay :( We were on vacation! But anyways, I’m sure many of you have been awaiting this chapter… YES, it happens! But shhh, don’t tell Brooklyn about it ;)

-Court’

Blair

       I hummed the lyrics to ‘Welcome to the Black Parade’ while walking down the empty halls at school. I was around 3 hours late because I didn’t want to miss the SpongeBob marathon in the morning. Whoops. The route to History was a terribly long walk, but not so time-consuming without all of the hallway traffic.

            I stopped at a 4-way hall intersection to tie the undone laces on my neon blue combat boots when I heard moaning and poorly suppressed giggles. Cracking my neck viciously, I got up and turned to the left. Sure enough, their bodies pressed up against the navy lockers, were Dex and Stephanie locked in an intense game of tonsil hockey.

            Trying to ignore the depressing drop of my heart, I strolled towards them and shouted, “Get a room! There are children here!”

            Eventually they decided to stop and glare at me, only there was a difference in their looks. Dex opted for a smug grin as if taunting: “Jealous?” and Stephanie just, well, you know, glared.

            “You little creep!” She shrieked.

            “I’m not a creep. Anyone could have stumbled upon you two. You sound like a warthog,” I retorted.

            Dex tried to stifle a laugh, but Stephanie just shot him an offended look and he shrugged, agreeing with me.

            “You think you’re sooo cool, don’t ya, Jade? The rebel. The girl who doesn’t care. So what?!” Stephanie screeched, lingering closer. “We all know that you want Dex, but you can’t have him.”

            I was slightly offended at this. “Want Dex? That one, right there? No thanks. He’s not my type.” Dex laid a hand on his heart, pretending to be hurt.

            Before Stephanie could make another lame comeback, he intervened. “Ladies, ladies,” he sauntered. For once, both Stephanie and I rolled our eyes at him. “There’s enough of me to go around. No need for the little kitten claws.” He smirked.

            I snorted. “What are you? A prostitute?”

            “Depends how much you’re willing to pay.” He winked.

            Stephanie smacked his rock hard chest with her manicured hand.

            “She’s totally not worth it, babe! Let’s go.” She took his hand and flipped her dark hair before strutting by me with a cold look.

            They were walking away when Dex turned around to look at me again.

            “You’re still coming in for work today, right? My room is a mess.”

            My jaw dropped. The last thing I needed at this school was people finding out that I was the Cultswitt’s maid. Stephanie looked equally shocked, but confused.

            “What do you mean by –“

            I silently pleaded him not to tell, biting my lip in anticipation.