t w e n t y n i n e

I came to school the next day even though I really didn't want to. Staying at home just seemed really a stupid move. Standing and walking hurt, but sitting was even worse. At least my jacket and my shirt did a good job of hiding my collarbone and wrists.

Nita smirked when I came into homeroom alone. Somehow she managed to be one of the first ones there every single day. I'd woken up early in order to not run into my dad on the way out. Something told me it wasn't going to be so easy coming back after school. I sat down and took out my book to read.

"So?"

I cringed. "Fuck off."

"Tch. Rude." She sat down in the chair next to mine and crossed her legs. "What happened?"

I looked down as I felt my face turn red. "I said fuck off. I don't want to talk about it." I could barely focus on the words on the pages of my book.

She scooted her chair uncomfortably close and I looked up to see her sitting inches away from me. "But I want to." She said forcibly. I looked around for the teacher, but the only other person in the room was her best friend, who was busy deciding which Instagram filter looked the best on her picture.

I scooted my chair back away from her. "Cut it out. I said I don't want to talk about it." What was it with people refusing to listen to what I said the first time?

"What'd he do then?" She asked. She was leaning in so close to me that her bleach-blonde hair was brushing my arm. One side of her mouth lifted into a smirk. "Did he..." her hand shot up and forced the sleeve of my hoodie down so it exposed my neck.

When I walked into the classroom, the first thing I saw was Nita laughing hysterically and Zen zipping his jacket back up. I dropped my binder onto the table and glared at Nita. "What did you do now?"

"Nothing, Peter Pan." She smiled sweetly and went back to her friend.

I made a face at the nickname and hesitantly sat down. Zen had his book open now, but I doubted he was actually reading it. "Are you okay?" I asked quietly.

"I'm fine." He didn't look up from his book.

"Are you sure?" I held his hand under the table.

"Aside from it being really painful to do anything, yeah." Now he looked up at me. It seemed like every time I saw his bright, turquoise eyes, the more brilliant they got.

"Why didn't you stay home and rest?!"

He looked at me like I was crazy and shook his head."No way."

Happy (late) Fourth of July

I went on a trip to Germany to visit family and they literally live in the middle of nowhere so I have had very limited wifi/data for the past two weeks ;^_^