Terra Nova: Some Terms You Might Need To Know

Some Terms You Might Need To Know So You Can Understand The Book Better:

Rebreather: Kind of like a gas mask- keeps all of the clean air going through your lungs so that you don't choke when outside in the future earth.

Portal: A round, large metal structure, built around the rip in the fabric of time and space, that allows anyone to close or open the rip and let people through on occasion.

Hope Plaza: Where the portal can be found. A large, spacey area with air vented atmosphere for people travelling to Terra Nova.

Terra Nova: Means "new land", so they called earth 85 million years ago Terra Nova, New Land, New Hope. 

The Town/Base: The small, round town (the only town) that humans have built on Terra Nova, surrounded by a large fence to keep all the dinosaurs out. It has crops, fresh fruit trees and vines and vegetables etc. with a market place and many enviromentally friendly houses.

Pilgramage: A group of people that travel to Terra Nova. ie. The tenth pilgrimage is the tenth group of people to set foot through the portal and to Terra Nova.

The Sixers: I quote Terra Nova wiki "The Sixers are a group of humans who came to Terra Nova. They appeared to be ordinary citizens, but they separated from the main colony because they are trying to overthrow Taylor to rob Terra Nova of all its resources.

Their name is a reference to the Sixth Pilgrimage, of which all current Sixers are from. However, not all humans who came through the portal on the Sixth Pilgrimage are Sixers. Some of them stayed at the colony when the Sixers first went OTG (Outside the Gates).