26

Veronica's P.O.V

It was Ethan's car. I almost couldn't believe my eyes. I sat in my car and just debated on whether or not that I should go in. Before I could fully make up my mind, I saw Ethan rush out of the funeral home, like he knew I was coming over. Even though I knew he was probably leaving cause he knew a fat chick that took his brother away was about to walk in, it was pretty nice to see a familiar face that I used to know. While rain was beating on my window a girl came rushing out and got in the car after him, and got in. She was beautiful. Probably his new girlfriend.

As they drove off I thought to myself, what are the twins going to think of me when they see that I gained a lot of the weight back when we're at the funeral? Hopefully they don't notice. I got up, and out of my car, and started walking in the funeral home. When I felt the door close behind me a bell rang, which signaled I would be helped soon. A lady came walking out of the backroom.

"Hello, I'm Leslie. What can I help you with today?" She asked ever so brightly. For a person that worked in the funeral home she seemed pretty chill with the idea of working with dead bodies in caskets. I would hate the idea of even touching someone who wasn't breathing, for some reason I feel like they would jump up on me. "Um yeah, I talked to you on the phone? You said that Lisa Dolan has a letter waiting for me here?" I replied to her. "Oh yes ma'am. Let me go get that for you." She answered.

After about 2 minutes she came back with a white envelope in her hand. "Here you go Ms." She expressed while had in me the letter. I nodded to her as a thank you. I walked out of the funeral home and got in my car. It was just such a fantastic day. Especially to know that the lady who helped you with a heartbreak, died. (Sarcasm noted*)

I wasn't completely sure if I wanted to open the letter, and read it. Or not. The rain was the only thing that broke up the silence. It was nice to listen to something that was other than my own breathing. I looked down at the letter and teared it open.

Dear Veronica,

You were always a bright young lady to have around. I always keep a letter around for anyone that meant something to me. When you were little, Grayson and you hung out all the time, and I think you both had a little crush on eachother. Then out of no where, in middle school you both stopped talking to eachother. It broke my heart to see that both of you couldn't stick together through everything.

In high school Grayson began to come home happy. He always used to be an agreement child ever since the both of you stopped being friends. One time him and Ethan came home angrily and stopped talking to each other for a while. Me as a mother, I felt like I wasn't doing my job as being there for them and asking if they were both okay. They had always made it through so I felt like everything would end up being okay.

Then Grayson began to be happy again, then I found out he was with you. The whole time his happiness was because of you, and only you. Even I saw it. It was amazing how two people could love eachother so much to where they put aside their flaws and come together to be happy. I always knew you guys were perfect together, and I always knew that no other woman would be as perfect for my son as you are.

I mostly wrote this letter to tell you that no matter how long he's gone, and for no matter how long he hasn't talked to you, you guys will always come back together like you always have. I hope you guys will always be happy together, even when you're both in times of need. I love you as my daughter, and always will no matter what your relationship with my son(s) is.

With love, care, and sincerity
Lisa Dolan.

It broke my heart to know that those were the last words I was going to get from her. I folded up the letter, and drove home. The rain was the perfect weather for what was going on in my life at the moment. Once I got home I headed upstairs, to take a nap. Tomorrow's the funeral, and I don't know what pain to prepare myself for. I'm either going to see that Grayson moved on from me, and probably has a beautiful girlfriend by his side, or the pain that I haven't see him in forever, or maybe even both.

It seems to be that the only thing I ever feel anymore well.... is pain.

•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•

Word count: 854

Please vote, comment, and vote. Thanks babes. And please follow me on ig. @nikialmaraz