Epilogue: We Are Defenders

Silver stood outside of The Defenders newest HQ, repaired from its attacks months ago. He had a maroon red hoodie on, with black khakis and gray shoes. His hands were in his hoodie pockets, as he stared at the building. He sighed deeply, turned towards the side.

On the side, was the large logo, of The Defenders. "Dude... What are you doing." Sonic's presence startled Silver. He walked up beside Silver, and stood with him. "Just taking it all in. Before we... You know." Silver replied, not even looking at him. "Don't tell me you're attached to the place." Sonic chuckled.

"No... But it's been my home for the passed year." Silver pity chuckled. Sonic kinda felt bad about what he said at that moment. Silver slowly closed his eyes, and sighed. He finally pulled his hands from his hoodie pocket, holding an object.

He was holding a decent sized box, filled with his memories as an honorary Defender. In it was his Defenders shoulder patch, the glass visor from his destroyed helmet, and finally... A picture of them all in Defenders gear. All of them being a lot younger. He walked up to the building, and flew straight up towards the balcony.

He didn't land on it, but only hovered by the rail. He carefully sat the box on the balcony, and smiled lightly. He then flew inside, without thinking. He walked around slowly, seeing ghosts of himself and the others from the passed. Like seeing himself storm out of the meeting room. And seeing he with his kid and Blaze.

He snickered silently, as he saw the ghost of his kid crawl on his own ghost. He walked all through the building, then out the front double doors that he once blew open with his hand cannon. As he went back outside, he then saw the entire team, waiting with Sonic.

They all had the same faint smile, looking at Silver. Silver stopped in front of them, with a blank look. Sonic put his arm around Silver, as they looked at each other. "You ready buddy..?" Sonic tried to smile. Silver pulled a lighter out of his pocket, and looked at it.

"Ready." He said fairly with a blank look. He then flicked the lighter on, and chunked it on top of the balcony, where the box was. The box caught on fire, starting to catch the balcony too. The entire interior began to flame up, was they group walked away, to their cars.
__________________________

Silver

I remember a wise man once telling me.. We'll never become the dictators we fought to stop their tyranny. I lived by this, as a protector of Mobius. A Defender... A hero. And as a hero, I saved countless lives. Not just alone either. I had them. My friends. No, my family. The word Defenders.. Is strong to us all. Remember that.

A Defender is how I lived... And no matter what anyone does to stop us... I'll always be one at heart. And that's how I'll go live my life. That's how I will go out...

A Defender.

The End..