A new beginning ⭐

Before

___________                                                     

"A new tale starts - the tale of  two friends."

___________________

Sarah

It was a sunny Monday morning, brutally hot and humid.

'Wake up Sarah! You'll get late for school! It's your first day to your new school, aren't you excited...get ready soon!'

My eyelids fluttered and a deep yawn escaped my mouth. I woke up at my nice cozy bed with a tingly feeling of excitement passing through my veins. I got up and looked outside my window, astounded at the colour of the sunrise sending the rays of light, hitting me in the eyes and knocking me back almost blinding me. The day was too hot and to my utmost disgust, I was sweating like hell!

Oh dear me! Today is the first day to my new school- I thought to myself, with anxiety on one hand and fear on the other.

New friends, new teachers, new classroom, new cafeteria, and new books- everything was going to be new. The thought itself made my lips tune to a smile.

                                                                     __

Beep...Beep!

'I'm coming mom! Just one minute!'

I took my bag and hurried towards the car.

The longest day of my life began tardily. I woke up late, took too long in the shower and ended up having my breakfast in the passenger seat of my mom's SUV.

'You're late again sleepyhead! This time I do not want to hear any complains.'- mom eyed me with a worried frown puckering her soft brow...

I hated it when mama tied bow in my hair. My blonde hair was too fine and we both knew it would slip off long before the day was over, but according to my mom's theory, it makes me look smart- Duh!

Mama was far too excited than me, for my new school! The day before, she checked my bag more than a thousand times to see if everything was present.

'Mind your manners. You'll be going to a new school so put a good impression of yourself on your new teachers. Try to talk less and most importantly be polite!'

'Oh mom! I don't see why you are repeating the same words again and again. Besides, I'm a big girl, I can manage myself...I'm fifteen now. Do not treat me like a five year old!' I argued with her...

A true fact- She worries a lot too much!

Mom turns into school. I glanced at the signboard where the name "Jefferson High School" was beautifully plated. My jaw dropped open seeing the huge building, which was way bigger than my old school! The majestic gates stood there proudly welcoming the students. The school had a bohemian feel to it. I could see many children hovering around with their peers. Some sad, some happy, some tensed while some engaged into books..there were a lot many expressions all around and I felt a bit nervous!

Mom pulled the car into a cul-de-sac outside the ball room and kissed me goodbye!!

It was all new...

~ A new beginning

~ A new start

~ Things will change

                                                                                            *

Author's note- Hey peeps..thanks a lot for reading!!! BTW, the upcoming parts from now onward will basically be emphasizing on- how Sarah and Chloe met..their bond..and what lead to their lost friendship!!! Stay tuned to know more...

Kindly vote, comment and give your feedback! :)

Much love,

Harshita