Chapter 9: From Good to Bad

The next few days were quiet between Liam and I. I wanted to talk to him, but I wasn't sure what to say. My dad got over the fight and asked Alex to stay away from the family from now on. He only did it to try to make up for the hell he put me through, but I guess the gesture was nice. I decided I would text Liam just to see how he was doing and hoped for the best.

Cassie: Hey, Liam. How are you feeling?

Liam: Call me

The phone rang at least five times before he answered. "Hey, Cas. I didn't think you would call back that quick, so I left the room for a second. How have you been?" His voice was sleepy. "I've been okay, but I am happy now that I have heard your voice. I know it sounds cliche, but it is very true. How have you been?" Liam sighed before answering. "Honestly, I was kinda freaked out because you haven't called or text in the last three days. I thought you were hurt, or you wanted to break up with me. Cas, you are the best thing that has ever happened to me. Don't scare me like that again please." I felt super bad for not talking to him, but I would've never guessed that he would be that worried about me or us. "Liam, I'm sorry. I just didn't know what to say to you because I thought you were angry at me about the Alex thing."

"Cassie, why would I get mad at you for being scared of someone who hurt you? You didn't know what to do, so I made a decision to step in and take care of the situation. I knew I was going to get hurt, but I knew he would've hurt you worst. All that matters now, is that you are okay." Liam was always so understanding, but I sometimes wonder if he understands from experience of being hurt before. "I don't know. Let's go on a roadtrip." Liam laughed on the other side of the line. "Where did that come from?" "I'm ready to take a break from all of this crap that has been going on recently. I'm thinking that school is out in three days, so we can leave in four days. We could go anywhere you want." I could hear Liam humming in the background. "Let's go to Washington D.C., so you can meet my brother and his annoying wife. I mean we would have to fly there. It wouldn't really be a road trip, but it would still be fun."

"I finally get to meet this brother you talk about; that sounds pretty intriguing." I said in a teasing tone. "You will really like him. Should I call him and ask if we could stay with him?" I could tell Liam was super excited. "Yeah, you should." "Okay. Cassie, I love you, but I'm gonna get off the phone. I need to call him as soon as possible." Before I could even say I love you back, he hung up. I went downstairs and started to make dinner. Ten minutes later the doorbell rung, and it was Liam. "Cassie, he said he would love for us to go to his house! While we are there, we can look at the White House and find some fancy place to eat dinner. This is going to be amazing." He said right before he kissed me. "It will be amazing. Do you want some dinner? I made enough for three people, but I doubt my parents will show up." Liam sat down across from me at the table and sighed. "Your dad is still staying here?" "Yep, he is moving back in. I mean deep down I knew my mom would never make him leave, but I had a little bit of hope."

Liam grabbed my hand and smiled lightly at me trying to make me feel better. "You don't need to worry about it, Liam. You have enough on your plate." He looked at me with a confused expression on his face. "You have a trip to plan." I said with a laugh. Liam stood from the table and picked me; he spun me around then kissed me softly. At school the next day, I searched for Liam as soon as I got there, but he was nowhere to be found. I tried calling him; there was no answer. It didn't make sense that he wouldn't be here considering he was perfectly fine last night. I walked into first hour and everyone was staring at me including Jessica, Leah, and Jessica's stupid boyfriend. Jessica walked up to me with the most evil grin possible, "Hey, haven't you heard about your boyfriend? Rumor has it he skipped town last night, and I think he was trying to run from somebody or something. You wouldn't know anything about that, would you?" I knew she was full of lies, but I did know that Liam was used to running away from his problems. "I don't think he skipped town because he has nothing to run from. If you could mind your own business, that would be helpful." I took out my phone and called him again only to hear the phone ring from the other side of the room.

The phone was ringing from Leah's hand as she tried to stop it from going off. I was trying to pretend as if it wasn't his, but the ringtone was our song. "Why do you have his phone, and where is he?"