Chapter 1

I pushed past all the fellow idiots I went to school with. They always clogged the hallways after school, which annoyed me every single day. Apparently, no one was in a rush to get home, which I hated. Who wouldn't want to get home right away?

I opened the doors and breathed in freedom. I sighed and tucked my hair behind my ear, walking to the parking lot. I pulled out the keys to my car, unlocking it. Before I could open it though, a pair of warm, strong arms wrapped around me. Instantly, all my annoyance washed away.

I turned around, still in James' arms. "Hi there gorgeous," he greeted, his bright blue eyes staring into my chocolate brown ones. He leaned down and pecked my lips.

I smiled, warmth flowing throughout my body. James really knew how to make me feel all giddy. "Hi," I greeted back, snaking my arms around his neck. "Need a ride?" I offered. He flashed me that smile I fell in love with.

"That would be fantastic," he said, pulling away from me and walking to the other side of the car, getting into the passenger seat. I sat in the driver's seat, closing the door and blocking out all the chatter from everyone else. "Good day?" he asked.

I shrugged, turning on the car, I pulled out and waited in the long line to get out of here. "Could've been better," I deadpanned. I could practically feel that annoying smirk of his.

"Why do you say that?"

"The usual. An overload of homework and very talkative classmates." I turned out of school, away from the blasted place. "I'm telling you, Ms. Dankster hates me," I mumbled.

He reached over and gently squeezed my knee. "I'm sure she doesn't. She just chooses favorites, and...you aren't one of 'em."

I rolled my eyes. "You're just saying that because you're my boyfriend. You're supposed to say that stuff."

He didn't reply, but he squeezed my knee once more. From there, I drove on in silence.

I met James when I moved to the States a year ago. He was the first one to talk to me at school, resulting in him showing me around the area. We became close friends, and after a few months, he asked me to homecoming. I, of course, had said yes.

When he dropped me off at my house, he walked me to the door. As I turned to say goodnight, he surprisingly leaned in and kissed me for the first time. I remember it like it was yesterday...

James took my hand like the gentleman he was and led me to the front door. It was already past curfew, but I didn't care. I had fun with him. I stopped at the front of the door to search for my keys in my bag. Once I had found them, I triumphantly pulled them out and grinned.

I slightly turned my head to say a small goodnight to him, but was surprised with such a gentle kiss. His lips were soft and tasted of...strawberries? I didn't care. When he pulled away after an unfortunate short moment, I immediately wanted him to kiss me again.

I felt my face grow insanely warm. I was glad for the darkness. "W-What was that for?" I stuttered. I had never thought about it, but I never knew that I had developed a few feelings toward him.

I had a feeling that James was blushing as well. I have known him for months now. "I... I think I like you, Anna," he confessed quietly. Before I could form a reply, he continued, taking my small hands in his: a perfect fit.

"Anna Lancaster, will you please be my girlfriend?" he asked. I smiled, and as a reply, I pulled him in for the second kiss of the night.

"Yes," I mumbled against his lips.