Chapter 2

"Yeah, we're about to board," I say to James over phone. I was currently sitting in the airport, feeling like I was going to throw up. I hated heights and airplanes. Plus the food made me want to puke. James, of course, knew this.

"You okay?" he asked, the quality of his voice a bit fuzzy. I glanced over at my mum, who was reading a magazine she took from the rack. 

"Y-Yeah... I guess so," I replied, gulping. I really want to throw up right now. 

"You'll be fine, sweetheart. Don't worry," he reassured. I smiled, looking down at my hands. I loved it when he called me that. 

"Yeah, I know. I wish you were coming," I mumble, closing my eyes. "I could really use a massage right now." 

I heard his soft chuckle and smiled. I could listen to his voice all day. "I wish I was there too. But not to give you a massage. I'd love to visit England." 

I smile. "I think you'd love it," I said. 

"Five minutes until boarding," one of the flight attendants announced. I leaned over and grabbed my backpack off the ground.

"Hey, I gotta go. I'll message you once I get there," I say, standing up. 

"Okay. Have a safe flight, I love you." He said it again. I love you. It sounded perfect, coming from him.

"I love you too," I reply, and with that, I hung up. We boarded the plane once the doors opened. I followed my mum down the aisle as she looked for our seats, quietly mumbling the seat numbers to herself. 

Eventually, we found our seats in the back. Unfortunately, I ended up sitting besides a man who smelled of barf. Of course. I glanced across the aisle to see my mum sitting besides a little girl.

I'd rather sit next to the little girl than this...man, so I leaned over and tapped her shoulder. "Mum, can we switch seats?" 

She looked over my shoulder and laughed. "I'm afraid not, dear," she said, tapping my nose. I rolled my eyes and leaned back into my seat. I crinkled my nose at the smell. 

This was going to be a very long ride. 

---

"Hello. This is your flight attendant speaking. Welcome to London, England, everyone. And welcome back to those who are returning. We will be arriving shortly, please fasten your seatbelts and prepare for landing. Thank you for flying with us and we hope you enjoy your stay." 

His voice clicked off and I fumbled for my seat belt. I felt my stomach drop as we started to descend, and I gripped the armchairs until my knuckles turned white. 

My mum glanced over. She reached for my hand and squeezed it reassuringly. "You okay?" I look at her and smile weakly.

"Yep," I say as we hit the ground. I exhaled, realizing that I had been holding my breath the whole descent. 

Once the plane had made a full stop and we were allowed to get our bags, I unclipped my seatbelt right away and stood up, making my stomach feel queasy. 

I quickly got my bags and dragged it behind me as I filed in line to get out of the plane. My mum followed close behind, trying to get a clear view of England. It was late at night, but I was wide awake, thanks to the time zone in America. 

We stepped off the plane and onto safe ground. I immediately relaxed as we walked into the airport. There were a few people wandering around, but overall, the airport was empty.

"Aunt Katelyn will be here soon," my mum mumbled, setting her bags down. She ran a hand through her dark, brown hair. She looked exhausted.

"You okay, Mum?" I asked, standing beside her. She was an inch taller than me and her eyes were blue instead of brown, like me. She smiled over at me.