continuation...

Patricia, not knowing what is happening. She is with her boyfriend's dad. She asked,

"Dad, what's happening in here? Why are there a lot of musicians and why are mom and dad here?"

"You'll see, darling."

"Huh? But why don't you tell me, dad?"

No answer came from her boyfriend's dad.

Vincent was already waiting for her to come near him. Everything was a show for her. Not knowing why they had to go to the park in this time of the night. Suddenly, she saw Vincent walking towards here not seeing the box of her engagement ring. Vincent was nervous as he spoke and said,

"Patricia Monica, I've loved you since day 1. The first time we met, I knew that we'd come to this point in our lives," he said.

"Huh? What are you..." Patricia interrupted from what he was saying.

"Wait, I'm not yet done."

"Okay."

"I never thought about this night. I've never done this to any woman in my life. You'll be my first and you'll be my last. Marami na tayong napagdaanan, merong humadlang, and after what happened, we fixed every problem we faced. I know that we've only met 9 months. But I don't want to let go of you. I don't see myself thinking that my woman will love another man. When Pauline told me that you were coming to the States, I checked-in to the hotel where you were staying. She never said this you but, I've loved you since before I left the Philippines to work for them."

"What? You knew me since we were 15? And you loved me through those years? Without me knowing? Go on, sweetheart."

"Yes, I've loved you since we were 15. I told Pau not to tell you because you might not feel mutual. I was thinking of those things. I asked Pauline to send me pictures of you so I know who my true love looks like after I left. We are now going to make this relationship stronger, longer and lovelier. Nothing to worry, sweetheart. I will do anything for you and to our future baby. Isa lang ah?"

"Huh? Anong sinasabi mo?"

Vincent was confident enough to say what he was supposed to say to Patricia. He suddenly took out a box,

"Ano ito, Vincent Erik?"

"Patricia Monica Reyes Estrada-and soon to be Mrs. Esteban, sweetheart, Will You Marry Me?"

Vincent did not expect that he could say that infront of Patricia, the love of her life. Thinking negative things like, "She's not going to say yes. She would kick me. She would hate me for the rest of her life." But he stopped. Because he knows that Patricia loves her very much.

"Vincent Erik Fernandez Esteban, sweetheart, YES!"

"Yes? Yes!! You made me very happy, sweetheart. I love you so much," as he was putting on the engagement ring. Vincent dropped a tear. And Patricia wiped it off. "I thought you'd say No. Because you did not know anything about this."

"Why would I say No? Every proposal is a surprise, sweetheart. Nothing to worry. I love you too, Vincent."

And they kissed like it's not going to end. Everything was successful, Vincent's plans was a success. Their parents came closer to them,

"Congratulations, Vincent, son. You made our daughter say Yes," Patricia's dad hugging his only daughter while speaking. Patricia was crying because she's going to be Mrs. Esteban soon. "You will take care of this one. She's our only child. So please, take care you two."

"Yes, dad. I will take care of her. I love her more than my life."

Vincent's parents hugged their Son after the proposal. And of course, hugging their soon-to-be daughter-in-law,

"Congrats, Pat."

"Thank you Mom and Dad. I promise to love him for the rest of my life. I'll kick and leave him when he tries to betray me."

"Patricia! Very good. You're parents told you the right thing to do when your husband tries to cheat on you," said Vincent's parents. "We love you two, Patricia and Vincent."

"We love you too, Mom and Dad."

The fireworks display was starting. Pat and Vince was lying down in the grassy part of the park,

"Thank you very much, Pat. You don't know how you made me happy tonight. I will never forget this day, March 18, 1995. We'll get married as soon as possible, sweetheart."

"That's no problem, Vince. Basta you would never cheat and try to leave me. Or else, hahanap ako ng iba."

"Hanap agad ng iba? Hindi pa nga tayo kasal. I will never, ever do that to you. I love you very much, Patricia. More than my life and more than my sister. HAHAH"

"Salbahe to. You should love your sister more than me. That's my 1st rule. Love your sister more than your wife because she was there when you had problems even before you met me. Remember that, sweetheart!"

"Okay. I love her more than you."

"That's my boy," and they kissed in the park like it was their parents weren't watching them. "I love you."

"I love you more, sweetheart."

========================

Oh diba? Engaged na sila! Yehey!

Note: Malapit na pong lumabas sila Maine Mendoza at Alden Richards sa katauhan nila Zara Esteban and Aldrin Reyes.

Vote and Comment, ALDUBNATION!

Love,
Brianna