Chapter 16

Kayla

I lay in bed with Christofer, the moment never being so perfect. I expect Austin to come in and command me to do something, but he doesn't, and I'm greatful.

"You're really tense." Christofer says. Yeah, I know, I think.

"Do you want a back rub?" He asks. I laugh. I don't do back rubs.

"Um, I'm good, but thanks." I say, laughing.

"You really need to get the kinks out of your back." He says, rubbing the small of my back.

Okay, that feels good. I let him rub my whole back.

"See, it feels good, doesn't it?" He asks. I nod, and I know he's smiling.

"You have a lot of bruises." He whispers. I gulp.

"I know." I reply. He sighs.

"They'll heal, and you'll never get them, again." He say, kissing the back of my neck.

I shiver at his touch, and he kisses me again.

"Ever heard the song Making Love by moi?" He asks cockily. I nod, and I hear him giggle.

"Good. That'll come in handy, you know?" He asks, innocently. I smile.

"You're my penguin." I say.

"What?" He asks, laughing.

"It's a song, by Christina Perri." I whisper.

"And I'm a penguin now?" He asks playfully, acting like he was offended.

"No. It means that you're my true love, and us getting together is fate, not luck."

"Alright, I'm not as mad." He says.

I laugh, and when he finishes rubbing my back, he lays next to me, facing me.

"Thank you." I whisper.

"Anytime, love." He whispers. I smile, and I realize his tattoos and how amazing they look on his body.

"Let me see your knuckles." I say. He looks at me weirdly, but gives me his hands. I see the anchors, both of them, and I melt.

"I love your tattoos." I whisper. He smiles.

"I love you." He says. I smile up at him, and I kiss him.

"You don't even know how much I love you." I whisper. He tickles me and grabs my waist.

"Prove it!" He says. I kiss his cheek.

"Nope. Remember I can't have you until the evening." I tease. He snorts.

"Such a fucking tease." He says. I smile and throw on some clothes, and he gets dressed.

"Can I at least get a taste?" Christofer playfully whines.

I shake my head no, and he pouts.

"Don't be a baby. You have to wait." I say like I'm his mom or something. He smiles at me and kisses my cheek, and he calls Hayden.