Losing it.

"I-I don't know, Nessa.. It was like I had all the time in the world to hit the ball." Veronica walked along the log over the water and back onto the ground of the woods as Vanessa followed shortly behind. "And that's not it," they then bent down under a branch that was sticking out. Veronica continued. "I hear things I shouldn't be able to, smell things—"
"Smell things?" Vanessa now stood beside Veronica as she kept looking around frantically. "Like what?" Vanessa asked. "Like..the bubble gum in the front pocket of your bag." Veronica said as they came to a stop. "I don't have gum in my bag.." Vanessa denied, then reached behind, pulled the blue bag to her side and took out the pink packaged gum. Veronica faced her sister and backed up, throwing her arms up and shrugging, then turned back around, continuing to walk. Vanessa's brown eyes widened, then she followed up behind her sister. "Roni.. So you're saying that it all started with the bite?" Vanessa seemed curious as they walked past trees. "What if it's some kind of infection—like my body's flooding with adrenaline before I go into shock or something.." Veronica tried to push aside the bite situation, hoping it was nothing but knew it was definitely something.
"Or something." Vanessa scoffed. "I think I've actually read about this, it's a dangerous infection." Veronica squinted her eyes. "Are you serious?" The two stopped, facing each other again as Vanessa crossed her arms. "Yes, it's called lycanthropy.."
"Wait, what's that? Is it bad?"
"Yeah, it's the worst. But only once a month."
"What do you mean once a month?" Veronicas heart raced a little from anxiety.
"Yep. On the night of the full moon. Aroo!" Vanessa howled, then bursted out laughing as Veronica became annoyed. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" Her head hang as she let out another laugh. Veronica tried to stay angry then laughed as soon as she saw her sisters face again as they continued to walk. "You're the one who heard a wolf howling apparently." Vanessa laughed again.
"Nessa, there could be something seriously wrong with me!"
"I know, your a werewolf!" Vanessa sarcastically said, then growled like one. Veronica turned and shot her a fierce look then turned back around to walk. "Roni, I'm kidding!" She nudged the back of her sisters shoulder. "And hey, I could raid the shop class and take all the silver I can find since Friday's a full moon." Vanessa and her sister came to a stop. Veronica stared at the ground, made up of leaves and trees. "Hey-it was right here—where I saw the deer, the body, and lost my glasses.." Veronica bent down onto her knees, running her hands through the leaves, hoping to find her missing glasses. "Maybe the killer moved the body.." Vanessa whispered.
"Well, if he did, I'm hoping he left my glasses, they were expensive.." Veronica sighed, continuing to look through the leaves as Vanessa watched. Vanessa jumped, noticing a woman, dressed in a black dress and leather jacket. She tugged her sisters arm, and Veronica stood up as she saw her pace towards them with a fierce look in her dark eyes. "What are you doing here?" She seemed older than them, probably the age of 18 or so. Vanessa waited for Roni to answer since she felt intimidated and a little scared. "This is private property." The girl stopped, about 4 feet in front of the sisters. Vanessa decided to speak. "Oh, I'm really sorry-" Veronica cut her off, feeling the need to. "We were just, looking for something, but.." The girl scared her a bit, almost making her choke up. She raised her eyes, waiting for Veronica to spit out whatever she was going to. "Forget it.." She stared into her blue, almost grey  eyes, feeling like she was falling into a trance. Without a warning, the girl reached in her pocket and tossed over the glasses, them falling into Veronicas hands like a magnet. She looked at them, opening the palm of her hand as the mysterious girl walked away, leaving them with a cold chill and a knot in Veronicas stomach. "We've got to get to work.." Veronica turned to her sister. "Roni, that was Patricia Davidson!" Vanessa almost yelled at her twin. "You remember, she's only a few years older than us." Vanessa looked at the girl walking in the distance, then back to her sister. "Remember what..?"
"Her family, they all burned to death in a fire like a decade ago." Vanessa bit at her thumb frantically. Veronica nodded as she remembered the depressing situation. "I wonder what she's doing back.." Vanessa shrugged at her sister, then motioned  for her sister to follow as the started walking away.
Vanessa had already gone home from their after school job at the animal clinic because she had to finish an essay for one of the classes they didn't have together. It was about 8:39pm. Rain smacked against the roof and window of the place, followed by thunder and lightning here and there. Veronica headed towards the door, glancing out the window. Her ears rang as she heard another howl. She sighed, flipping the open sign to closed. Stepping into the bathroom, she set down a bottle of rubbing alcohol followed by a medium sized ball of cotton. She looked in the mirror, lifting up her blue sweater slowly, revealing the big bandage that wrapped underneath her ribcage. Some blood had seeped through the bandage and became visible. She looked down and slowly pulled it off. She looked at her stomach in the mirror and almost had a heart attack. There was no scratch in sight. She thought her eyes were playing tricks on her, she she looked down at her stomach and it was the same. No wound. She felt like the was losing her mind.
She dragged the bag of cat food across the hallway, then pushed open a door with her back. "Hey kitties.." There were cat cages stacked on both sides of the room in cages. The room was dark and the sound of them hissing startled her. They all screeched at her, then Veronica stopped, confused and worried. She let go of the bag then looked at the cats. They all slammed against the cages as if they were in steroids and were about to rip her apart. She looked back and forth from each sides of the room, then backed up as her heart pounded. She shut the door of the room, then heard a knock from the front door. She didn't move, then heard another one, except this time it was harder.

AN: Yes, I decided to continue the story from popular demand. (mainly from Twitter 😂) This might be messy but it's really late where I am and I'm a little sleep deprived haha. I'll look through it tomorrow. Hope you enjoy it. <3