Prolouge

A/N-All of this series is undergoing editing at the moment, thank you for your patience.
DISCLAIMER- I don't hate Tony or Pepper,they are amazing characters. This is just my spin on their lives.

Being Tony Stark's and Pepper Potts child, you were expected to be and do a lot.

It never changed; Interviews, martial arts, interviews, training and oh yeah, more interviews. Always the same. But, you liked it that way it kept you occupied and distracted you from your thoughts and away from the pains of your old home.

Of course,Tony and Pepper were not you real parents, no and you did not class Stark Towers as home. Or probably ever would. You had left Charles Xaviers' school for gifted youngsters around a year ago and the pain was still fresh.
It was stupid really at 18 years old you could live by yourself, but Xavier  warned you it was dangerous and though it was best to keep you under a legal guardian still, so you were safe and couldn't be found. That was absurd really because as soon as you were adopted your face was plastered in every tabloid and every newspaper imaginable across New York.

To be frank, you would even go as far to say you hated living here. Tony was not exactly a father figure for you at 18. Having a daughter when you were a billionaire apparently solved everything. He always missed your birthday, the day you were adopted (you never knew the day you were actually born.) He always thought if he could buy you the latest thing it would make up for anything but really it felt as if you weren't living under the same roof sometimes. He was always occupied: whether he was messing around with      J.A.R.V.I.S or saving the world, being Ironman and all , he never paid attention to you. It's like you were invisible,sometime you wished you were invisible, maybe it would make things easier.

At least if you were invisible you could avoid Pepper.
Pepper was different to Tony though, she tried a bit too much being a mother, yet it somehow felt wrong. Maybe because you weren't actually her child and at 18 you hardly needed to be mothered, still she kept you company as you didn't have any friends.

Really it was a lonely lifestyle, but it suited you..You were just left to yourself, training and harnessing your gift of destruction, one twist of your hand and instantly someone could come crashing to their death, if you wished....

You passed most of you time designing and building things. Even though you hated the Stark's it's like deep down you really were one. Truly your life was like one of your projects fitting together like pieces to a clock which turned in unison to make it work.

Until he sped up the clock and broke it and you had yet to decide on whether you liked the clock broken.