Lockdown

We have no rules , no dignity , no freedom , no mercy, nothing to hold on to, no one to keep us sane , no pleasure to keep us satisfied , nothing to help us feel alive. Just a cold floor to sleep on , and what used to be the place we dreaded most .That's all I could do. I still remember the gunshots , I remember how my life went to hell when they told all of us we'd have to stay here , we'd have to hide. Why haven't the police come for us yet? I thought you'd probably ask , the police aren't police anymore , they're peasents. The real question is why haven't the ones we fear come for us yet?

Day 32 ; We're starving.

Cameron paced back and forth in the hallway. He mumbled to himself and no one could quite comprehend what he was saying . All we could do was observe , and know was that something wasn't right , everyone watched in amusement and confusion as his feet paced quickly across the ground fairly. Only one pair of eyes in the room was not focused on his unusual behavior. Mckenzie's . After a month in here , her smile had died , she was depressed , so depressed that she wouldn't speak and would hardly eat. She ate just enough to keep her breathing , but not enough to keep her healthy. Her brown wavy hair cascaded gracefully down her back , as she wrote in a small pink book. "Cameron." Someone finally decided to speak from behind me . "What are you doing?" I turned over my shoulder and seen Eris , sitting behind me with a confused look. Her eyebrows furrowed as she watched him glaire at her. "I'm thinking of a way to get us out of this place." he responded sounding frustrated. I shook my head . "We're never going to get out of here , not until they leave." I said calmly . "Why do you all have to be so negative!!" He screamed in mine and Eris' s direction. No one responded , we all looked down with all loss of hope. "I'm gonna just go for a walk. " I announced. Nobody bothered to even look at me , I headed towards the door . "Can I please come with you?" Brandon asked . "Sure." I walked out. I could almost hear the anger and fear in the room as I left . Me and Brandon walked up and down the hallway and stairs. "Hey , do you really think we're never gonna get out of here?" He asked ,desperate for the answer he craved to hear for 32 days. I sighed "Brandon , you know why we're here. Right?"  

The flashbacks hit him , I could see it in his eyes. I started to remember that day aswell.

I cringed as I recalled the murderous screams coming from mothers and children , the gunshots and glass shattering through the building. I remember our families telling us we had to stay in the school , and not to leave until they came back for us, they told us their would be food and water but we'd have to figure out how to survive other than that , I remember we were sobbing as our families were taken away. And us not being able to defend ourselves , let alone our families. We hid until everyone was either dead , or had left the building. And the mafia of 400 continued their rampage. But our parents never did come back , and they probably never will.

"Yeah. How could I forget?" He replied , I could tell he was fighting back tears. "Well... you know we have to be realistic." I bit my lip and my eyes began to water. He nodded and began to cry , I held him . That's all I could do.