3.

"Excuse me?" I was astounded, not sure what to say. Too many questions were whirling around in my head and they were making me dizzy.

"I said, you might want to come with me." That was when I noticed a white van pull up outside my house. At that moment I wanted nothing more than to see inside this guy's mind. I had to know what he was thinking!

"Whose at the door?" I heard mum's voice from the kitchen.

"N-nobody!" I shouted back, keeping my eyes fixed on the man.

After a few moments a loud toot sounded from the van, startling the stranger in front of me. He grabbed my wrist harshly and dragged me out of the house.

"Woah! Hey! Mum!" I yelled, struggling in the man's grip. He was stronger than he appeared.

"Archer!" I heard mum scream as she ran out of the house with nothing but socks on, I could hear Xylo's startled meows from inside, and I tried once more to release myself as the man shoved me inside the van.

"Baby! What are you doing with my baby?" Mum demanded as she pounded on the side of the van. I could hear the tears clogging her throat, threatening to choke her, and I punched the doors of the van.

"Let me out!" I demanded, trying desperately to open the locked doors. Then the van started moving.

It took off quickly and my head hit the side of the van, and the whole world turned black.

***

I opened my eyes to find myself sat in a dusty leather chair, handcuffed to the wooden arm. A bright light flickered above me, lighting up the room. It looked like a laboratory, with beds lined up at the back wall and several benches. On the benches sat conical flasks and test tubes, some containing mysterious liquids while some remained empty.

Then someone appeared out of the gloom from the far side of the room. He was wearing a long lab coat and was scribbling fiercely on a clipboard. His pale face was littered with stubble, and he seemed in his mid forties. His dark hair was thinning and grey strands could be spotted here and there. He had dull hazel eyes that showed no emotion.

"Where am I?" I demanded, glaring at the man as I felt my anger bubble in the pit of my stomach.

"We just needed you for a few tests, Mr. Grey." The man replied, taking a dangerous few steps towards me. "I'm Dr. Tim, and I am in charge of this laboratory."

That didn't really answer my question, just set knew ones alight. "What do you mean, tests?" I asked.

Dr. Tim stepped forward again, placing the clipboard on one of the tables. "You're the first recorded person to lack such a common ability," He explained. "We just had to check it out."

"You didn't have to abduct me!" I shouted, my voice echoing around the room.

"Well, you weren't going to come with us if we asked nicely, were you?" Dr. Tim smirked at me and bent down, his eyes sparking with anticipation, as if daring me to harm him in any way.

I wanted so badly to slap him while I had the chance, but I didn't know what would happen if I tried. Besides, my right hand was handcuffed to the chair, so I wouldn't be able to get a good swing. I wondered if the chair was secured to the ground, but it probably was if they decided to restrain me here.

"No," I admitted with a sigh. "Is mum okay? And what about Xylo? Is he okay?" I asked, looking at Dr. Tim.

"You better forget about them," The older man stood up straight, taking the clipboard again. I watched him as he walked around the room, towards a heavy metal door. "You aren't going to see them any time soon." And with that, he left.

------------------------------------
Dear all,
Hello my lovely readers, I hope you are enjoying my book! I just wanted to say, if at any point any of you think the genre isn't right, let me know and I will change it. I'm not very good at setting a genre :s
Anyway, thank you everyone for reading and I hope you are all enjoying it so far!
- Whisper