Prologue

"Incredible... truly incredible," Lex Luthor breathed. This stroke of brilliance could make them immortal, well... those who weren't already immortal. Looking around the obsidian, oblong table of the nine prime members, Luthor noticed that four out of the nine were already immortal. Vandal Savage had absorbed radiation from a meteorite thousands of years ago, Klarion was an immortal lord of chaos, Wotan the Sorcerer had made himself practically immortal using magic and Brain was not truly alive in the first place, so technically could not die. The other five members, himself included, who could be touched by time, were looking at the beam of light, created by the ray gun greedily. Contact once with the beam of light would make the person 10 years younger. This could put them back at their prime, ready to go toe-to-toe with those idiots in the Justice League.

The committee schooled their features into polite indifference when Vandal Savage cleared his throat, he looked at each member before speaking, holding back a smug look when he saw the intrigue of the mortal members, "This is revolutionary technology, obviously it has immense potential, for us and our allies... we will become eternal... we will become gods," he stated triumphantly. He continued, "However, it has potential that not even its own creators may have imagined," he gave knowing looks toward Luthor and the Brain as he said this and their obvious confusion was quite humorous, "This can be used, not only as a way to sustain ourselves, but as a way to bring down our enemies...through their reliance on their own allies..." Mass confusion swamped the table until Luthor and Brain said together "Oh! Ten years, of course!"

"Yes, my friends, we target the younglings, and make the so called 'Justice League' regret the day they ever chose apprentices..."