Chapter: 10

When we got inside I brought the boys to the kitchen and saw my dad getting down plates. "I'll be right back. I'm just going to get washed up and I will be right back" I said to the boys and my father. That all nodded so I went upstairs and took a quick 5 minute shower to get the grease off of my body. After my shower, I put on new underwear, a black tank top, black sweats, and a PINK hoodie.

When I returned downstairs, my dad and the boys were taking about some movie they all saw that sounded EXTREMELY boring. I sat down at the table and began putting food on my plate like the others did as well. "So what do you think was wrong with the Charger ?" My dad asked me. "Just a belt was loose is all" I replied. He nodded and an awkward silence came over us. I didn't know what to saw because I was eating dinner with all the people that abuse me. "So Karleigh, what song do you think you're going to sing at the talent show?" Zayn asked me. Before I could answer my dad said "Wait. You're going to be in the talent show? Why didn't I know about this?". "Yes I'm going to be in the talent show because Avery sighted me up but I don't know what I'm going to sing yet." I said answering all of their questions at once.

"Why don't you sing the song you sang in the car earlier?!?" Niall suggested. "Because, you guys already heard me sing that so I can't do it" I replied. "Why don't you sing the song your mother sang to you every night before she died?" My dad asked. I was shocked. He never talk about my mother unless it's him blaming me for her death or abusing me. "Umm. Am I aloud to sing that song? I know it was yours and Mom's wedding song" I hesitantly asked afraid that he might explode if I mention mom. "Of coarse hunny! I want you to sing it at the talent show!" My dad told me. "Thank you dad. It really means a lot coming from you" I told him and got up to hug him. He hasn't been this nice to me in a long time. "Anything for you baby doll!" My dad whispered in my ear as he returned the hug.

The rest of diner was spent with everyone just talking to one another. The whole time though Louis and Harry didn't talk once. Whenever someone would ask them a question, they would just nod or shake their heads. I didn't know what was going in with them and I didn't like it either.