Chapter 4 - Meeting the Beavers

i stood in front of them when i saw a beaver.

"its...it's a beaver." Lucy stuttered i tilted my head the to the side, the beaver was looking round Peter tried to get close.

"I'm not going to sniff it if that's what you think." i laughed .

"sorry" Peter apologised

"Lucy Pevensie." we stopped laughing and she stepped forward the beaver held out a hankie.

"hey that the hankie i gave to Mr Tum..."

"Tumnus. yes he gave it to me before they took him" Mr Beaver replied this was amazing.

"is he alright" she asked he looked around again.

"further in" he began to leave i followed as did Lucy.

"what do you think you're doing." Susan protested. we stopped

"she's right how do we know we can trust him" Edmund added i rolled my eyes

"he says he knows the faun." Peter stated.

"he's a beaver he shouldn't be saying anything" she retorted

"is everything alright?" Mr Beaver popped up we turned to look at him.

"ye we were just talking" i smiled

"i think that i better for safer quarters." he left i went to follow. i wanted some answers whether they were following or not.

"wait a second Emma" Lucy ran next to me followed by Peter, Susan and Edmund we trekked through the forest.

"come on we don't want to be caught out here after night fall" Mr Beaver warned us i looked around it was truly beautiful as we continued on it was getting dark till we reached a Dam with smoke rising out.

"blimey looks like the old girl got the kettle on nice cup of rosy lee" i smiled.

"it looks lovely" i commented

"it merely a trifle still lots to do will look the business when i does come on." we continues down towards the dam a perky woman's voce came out of the dam.

"oh i never thought i live to see the day" she hit Mr Beaver you couldn't give me 10 minutes" i laughed

"i would have given you an week if it would have helped." we all laughed

"come in we can see if we can get you some food and some civilised company i took of my coat and went inside.

"excuse the mess can't get Mr Beaver out of his chair" i put my coat down.

"would you like some help Mrs Beaver" she turned round.

"oh thank you my dear" i began helping while Peter talked about Mr Tumnus. once i was done i sat down.

"there you go fish and chips...but there is hope dear lots of hope" Mrs Beaver was gentle. Mr Beaver spit his drink back into the cup.

"oh yeah there is a hope... Aslan is on the move." Mr Beaver said in a low voice.

"really" i had heard about Aslan.

"who's Aslan" Edmund asked Mr and Mrs Beaver found that funny i decided to tell them.

"Aslan is the King of  Narnia like the King every Narnia was created by him" the Beaver nodded

"he's been a way for a while." Mrs B told us.

"but he's back and he's waitin for you at the stone table"

"he waiting for us?" Lucy was shocked

"you're kidding they don't even know about the prophecy"