Chapter 3: The Girl with her sweatshirt on

Time went by quickly. I'm in my last class now, History.

"I heard Brittany's having her friday night party later." Charlotte whispers in my ear.

I'm sitting beside her while Rebecca is sitting behind me.

"Are you going?" I bet she will.

"Maybe? I'm still thinking about it. How about we go the three of us?" Her eyes are full of hope.

I've never been to a party and I don't see my future self going.

"You know the answer."

Rebecca joins our chit chat "Hey, wanna go to a bookstore later?"

I turn around "Sure."

"Ugh, when it comes to either books or class talks, you always say "sure". When will I ever get you to a party, Katie?" Charlotte is in full of annoyance now but I know she doesn't mean it.

We both laugh.

The class ended up smoothly. Mrs. Scott left us some homework to do for the weekend.

"What's up with Mrs. Scott?She just gave us worth of four chapters to work on!" Charlotte whines.
"How am I supposed to enjoy my weekend? I also have homework for my other classes." she adds.

I laugh at her reaction, we're walking out of the Senior Hall.

"How about we all do our homework in my room tomorrow?" Rebecca suggests.

"Typical Saturday afternoon for us. We could help each other!" I smile.

"1pm. I'll wait you on my driveway." Rebecca waves at us as she pulls up to her mini van.

"I'll have to go too, I have practice. Will you be ok here?" She kisses me on the cheeks.

"Yeah, I'll just have to wait for my ride."

Mom texted me that she's already on her way here. We both agreed that I'll get a car once I turn 18 which is just few months away.

Around ten minutes passed and I'm still standing in the parking lot. I see Ryan talking to Brittany. He's got his right arm around her and she obviously likes it. I pray for my mom to hurry before they pass at me.
I've known Brittany since middle school and she's never been nice to me and I don't know why. Well, probably she doesn't like Geeks like me. And then I hear their footsteps telling me they're near.

"See you tonight?" Brittany says with her flirtatious voice.

"Of course I will." Ryan says.

I don't look up to them and busy myself scrolling my phone pretending I'm texting someone which is the best way to pretend you're not alone.

"Hey, Kitty!"
I hear Brittany shouting and when I look up, I know it was for me. She used to call me Kitty and I hate it as much as I hate mayonnaise.

"My name's not Kitty I know you know." I shout back.

Ryan is still with her. They're standing at her pink polished car. Must be months old only. I calculate the distance between where I'm standing from them. 8 yards away. What's with the shouting?.