Chapter 3

Black spots danced in my eyes as the darkness turned into blinding light. I was in a secluded part of the city I had never seen before. Skyscrapers and flying cars lined the cobalt blue sky. The sky was blue? The only color I'd ever seen the sky was grey. There was a dead end street the men were leading me down, and at the end was a gigantic building, lined with greenish tall things. I heard that they had these things on Earth, I read it in a book. Trees? The building was white, and many teens were walking on the campus. I realized that I was still being held by the bulky guards. They gripped me firmly, and my arms were about to fall off because they were burning so bad. I choked back a sob. Where were they taking me? I thought of Diana, the last look she gave me. I bit my lip hard to stop from screaming. They grunted to each other, as if they were carrying a conversation. Then a woman, about the age of thirty, stepped out of the arctic white building. She was tall, and had long creamy black hair pulled back into a perfect ponytail. She looked at me, and set her eyes on the guards. They seemed to understand her, and brought me inside with her. All I could think thoughts were swirling around my mind was Did everyone loose their voices or something? Speak up! Thoughts were swirling around my mind as we walked Then, the woman broke the silence.

"Take her to the extraction room, and get Joseph." She had a heavy Brazilian accent, and she sounded like the highest of authority in this place. Then she turned on her heels and walked away. My heart pounded. Extraction? That didn't sound very good. I gulped out loud. The guards, still holding me by my aching arms, turned and faced a big circular door.