Chapter 8

As soon as I came in the dorm room, Alice immediately retreated to her bunk. People were ignoring me, and I was starting to get angry.

"What is it? Afraid to say hello?" I yelled at her, but regretted it as soon as I blurted it out.

"You really don't get it do you? We're stuck here. And I can't even remember how I got to wherever this is and everyone is acting like I'm some kind of stupid experiment and-" she choked back her words, and broke down into a weep. I felt awful, seeing Alice like this. I decided to befriend her, for both of our sake.

"Look," I said calmly, and put my hand on her shoulder. "I don't know what's going on either. But we can help each other right? I mean, who else would want to be forced to take on a massive expedition without knowing anything? Seriously, somebody better tell me or I'm gonna punch the crap outta somebody." She stifled a weak smile, and I smiled back.

"Thanks," she looked up at me, and I thrust my palm out for a high-five. She smacked it, and dragged our feet over to the bunks. When I heard her heavy breathing stop into a slow, rhythmic pattern of sighs, I muttered, "We'll get out of this soon. We both will." Then my eyes dropped, and I fell asleep, curled up in a ball. If I only knew what was to come.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello! I hope you have enjoyed reading The Switching! I haven't talked to you guys but here I am now!

Okay. 5 facts cool facts:

1. I am a MAJOR Fangirl. To about every book. 😍

2. Maximum_Blackthorn, lovewriting_28, newyorky1, wisegirlwrites_, and some others are like, all my besties!!😁

3. I enjoy writing this book. I give all my credit to my best friend Sara for the ideas.😘

4. I love soccer.⚽

5. My fandom Instagram is @_demidauntless

Thank you for all your help! And don't forget: read, vote, and tell your besties!👥 (Maximum_Blackthorn)

Love,

Caroline🌊