A Short Rest I

We reached a cave that Thorin and Gandalf believed would have something we could use. There were a lot of cob webs and flies, and there was a horrible smell coming from the cave.

I slid on the dirt, and Thorin caught me before I could land on my face, pulling me back to him. His gaze locked with mine. "Are... you all right?"

Gandalf turned to us and raised a brow.

I felt myself blush as a wide smile spread across my face. "Uh-huh... yeah."

Thorin hesistately nodded and let me go. "Good. Be more careful..." He and Gandalf turned back to look forward.

"Oh, what's that stench?!" Nori asked as we entered the cave.

I made a face as the smell got worse. "What IS that smell?"

Gandalf looked at Nori. "It's a troll hoard. Be careful what you touch." He looked back at where he was walking.

I saw some gold in a few caskets and chests, and I saw different kinds of weapons scattered throughout the cave floor. Bofur stopped and touched the golden coins with the tip of his shoe. "Seems a shame to leave it lyin' around.  Anyone could take it."

Gloin opened a chest. "Agreed. Nori, get a shovel."

I let out a small laugh and began looking around more. There was no real use in me taking some of the golden coins from here.  I saw Thorin looking at two swords he found. I smiled to myself and began looking for my own sword.

"These swords are not made by any troll." Thorin inspected the two swords.

I stopped and inspected a sword with a green hilt. I picked it up and stared at the green gem at the end of the hilt. It looked a lot like the gem on my necklace. I tugged the blade out of its sheath. It had a beautiful design engraved on the blade. The engraving glowed green, and I noticed the gem in my necklace was doing the same thing. I gasped and rapidly slid the sword back in its sheath. I looked at Thorin and Gandalf with shifting eyes.

Gandalf looked from me to the sword he picked up."Nor were they made by any smith amoung men." He inspected it. "These were forged in Gondolin by the High Elves of the First Age. You could not wish for a finer blade."

I looked from my sword to Thorin. Thorin stopped placing his sword down. I looked back at my sword. I pulled it out very slightly. It glowed again, along with my necklace. And then it stopped. I heard Thorin sheath his sword, and I jumped. He began walking away. I sheathed my sword and pulled it out. It didn't glow. I tried again, but nothing happened. I sighed and turned to the exit of the cave, spotting a few dwarves burrying something.

"We're makin' a long term deposit." Gloin looked at Dwalin.

"Let's get out of this foul place. Come on, let's go. Bofur, Gloin, Nori, Bre!"

I looked down at my sword. "I uh..." It glowed green faintly and stopped.

Bofur looked at me. "Just take it with you. Let's go." He rushed out like the others. I shrugged and rushed out, adjusting my eyes to the light.

"Bre." Kili and Fili helped me out.

Kili laughed. "That cave was no place for a lady."

I grunted as I popped my back. "I'm not exactly a lady."

Kili and Fili exchanged glances. Kili raised a brow. "How are you not a lady?"

"Are you actually a man?" Fili's eyes narrowed at me. "You could have fooled me for thinkin' you're a very pretty lady."

I laughed. "I am a lady. I just don't act a lot like one. In my land, I'm just a..."

Fili and Kili leaned forward.