Chapter Two

When the bell rings for the next class, everyone packs their bags and gets up for their next class. I kiss Haku on the cheek, leaving him with mom. Temari, Neji, and I walk to college algebra.

"Guess what, Temari?" I ask her with a smile.

"What?" She ask with a dumbfounded look on her face.

"It's college algebra time!" I tell her with fake happiness. She rolls her eyes and sighs.

"I hate algebra. Worse subject in the world. Like the teacher. Hate the class." She says. I roll my eyes at her.

As we continue our way down the hallway to Kurenai's class, I almost get tackled to the ground.

"WOAH!" I yell as a head of blonde hair goes flying past me and landing on the floor.

"Sis, why do you always have your guard up?" He asks picking himself off the ground.

"Because you do stupid things like that." I answer back while walking away. Naruto tries to grab one of my hair buns. I quickly grab his arm and twist him around, so his arm is behind his back.

"Don't try to grab my hair again." I whisper into his ear. "You know how much I hate people touching my hair." I say between my teeth. I let him go and give him a shove.

"Okay! Okay! I'm sorry, TenTen!" Naruto whines. "Are you okay, sis? You've been acting a little weird since breakfast." He asks me with a concerning look.

"Yeah, bro. I'm fine, just didn't get the best of sleep last night." I tell him as we continue our walk to Kurenai's.

"Do you guys have Kurenai, right now?" He asks us. "Yeah. We're trying to get there now." Temari says with a little attitude.

"Awesome! So what's your name?" He fist bumps the air and then looks at Neji. "Neji Hyuuga and you are?" Neji asks with a bored face. "Naruto Hatake. Little brother of TenTen and uncle to Haku." Naruto answers with a smile. Neji nods his head. "So, you play basketball?" Naruto asks. Neji nods. "What position you play?" Naruto continues to hammer Neji with questions.

"Point guard. You?" Neji says. "Shoot guard." Naruto answers. "Good to know." Neji says as we walk into class.

Kurenai is sitting at her desk looking at something when we sit in our seats next to the windows and in the back of the room. She gets up and hands us our books.

"Hey Kurenai! Did you know Asuma is smoking again?" I ask her as she hands me my book. Her eyes flash a brighter red than they normally are. "No I did not. I'm going to kill that man. How'd you find out?" She asks. "This morning before class started." I answer. The bell rings.

"Class, find a seat and sit down and shut up. I'll be right back." She says walking out of the room. Naruto laughs out loud. "Asuma's going to get his ass handed to him." He says. "That's right!" Temari says and they fist-bump.

I look out the window, wondering what Haku and mom are doing. "Is something wrong?" Neji asks me in a low voice. "No, nothing's wrong. Just wondering what my little boy is doing with my mom. She's a bad influence on him." I tell him with a small smile. My mind quickly goes to the dream. 'Why was he in the dream? I don't understand.'

"-- you think he's doing?" Neji asks me, making me lose my train of thought. "Um. Either sleeping or coloring. He loves to color." I tell him. He eyes me but doesn't say anything. Kurenai walks into the classroom before he can ask anything else.

"Okay class. Today you'll have homework on pages 20-24. It's a review. I just want to see what you guys know but I start teaching. If I can skip some things that would be nice." She tells as she hands on books to everyone that didn't have them yet.