Like Brother, Like Sister.

Her Brother carried her up to her room and sat down on the bed,
Zara on his lap and Zack's arms around her in a protective manner.

"Zara, me and you need to protect our family house, if... If someone does get in then we will have to-," She cut him off because she knew what he is going to say "Divide and Conquer?" she asked tilting her head slightly.
He nodded.

"Exactly."
She buried her face into his chest, they both sat there for a few seconds before their mum called them down for dinner.

"Zack! Zara!" She yelled "Dinner is ready! Macaroni cheese with extra ham!" Zara and Zack looked at each other, she smirked a little and gave him a kiss on the cheek "You know what the deal is, and this is for good luck."

She said before jumping off his lap and running down stairs, he sat there for a few minutes watching her run as she yelled "Last one to the table is a rotten egg!" He chuckled before he began sprinting down and had whizzed past her, he dashed around the corner and sat down at the table, moments before she came, "Damn it Zack!" she shook her head "I forgot how fast you were!" She walked past his seat and sat down next to him, each time when they were just children, when their mum called them to dinner they would always race to the table and Zack would always win.

Ms Renegade raised her right hand
"Okay you two, calm down now, Tonight is very important, we need the both of you to protect our house."

Zack put his right hand over her smaller hand, her parents looked over at them,
"Alright, are you kiddos ready to take on the night?"
Zack groaned and rolled his eyes,
"Quit calling us that dad, we aren't children anymore!"
Their father laughed "Well to me and your mother you are!" He shook his head.

A pause.

"Anywho eat your chow up and then come meet us in the safe room, we will begin lockdown, you two can watch some purge events or a movie, anything you want, how does that sound?"
Both Zack and Zara nodded
"Sounds great!" She exclaimed.
"Hey that's what I was going to say!" Zack said glaring at her, he then took his right hand and ruffled it through her hair.
"Hey! Quit it!"
Zara yelled smacking his hand away.
He chuckled and smiled.

"You still act as if you were eleven years old..." Zack spoke softly.
His sister went red,
"N-no I don't!" she exclaimed!
"How much do you want to bet?"
He said while grinning cheekily.

"Zilch!"
She yelled back at him

"Exactly." He paused taking a glance at her.

"Because you know I'm right."
He finished,

"Whatever."
She muttered,

"What was that?." He said leaning towards her

"Nothing." she smiled, she then gulped down her dinner because she was /that/ hungry which left her brother there staring at her.

"Wow, slow down Zara."

"I win!"
She said cheering and jumping up and down.

Zack soon finished and got up, he suddenly picked her up, and flung a thrashing, laughing Zara onto his shoulder, carrying her into the safe room where they met their parents.