Let The Night Commence.

Nothing happened within the first couple of hours of the purge, so Zara and Zack just sat on their leather sofa watching some purge events wondering if their parents would ever make it back, if not what would they do without them?

Bang, Bang Bang.

The sound of the gun going off ripped through her ears as if Zara was right next to a fireworks display, listening to it go off, with no protection. The echo of the ear-splitting "BANG" carried on for a good minute, She flinched with every shot knowing that it could of been her mother and father shooting or shot at.

"Zara, is something bothering you?"
Zack asked while placing his arm around her neck and shoulders

"Uhm.. I guess I'm just worried about Mum and Dad and the Gunshots..."
Zara gulped.

"I mean I know they survived last year but things change you know?"
Zack looked down at the carpet before shaking his head gently
"Don't think like that, you know mum and dad are very skilled and will survive, then they will come back to us and we will be a happy family
until...until next year..."

She stood up and began pacing back and forth "Yeah but we don't know that for sure!" She yelled before crashing onto the sofa again but this time with slight exhaustion.

Zack rested his forehead into his palms
"Zara! Stop stressing, Mum and Dad have always came through!"
Zara swung her body towards Zack facing him

"How do you know that?!"
She smacked his chest
He looked at her and growled, Zara could of sworn his eyes flashed an Amber red shade for a moment, She shook her head, Zack got up and turned towards her.

"I know it because I've known them longer then you!"
he yelled.

Zara shook her head again,
"You left me! You left me!! You have only spent what, like six years with mum and dad since I was little?"
He raised his hand

"Quiet."

"You don't know what happened, you don't know how much I struggled without you!"

"Be Quiet!"
He said more sternly.

"Zack! You are my Brother but I can't say that to people and make them believe me unless they see you or hear your voice so next time you think of leaving-"

Jack clenched his fist
"Shut up!"

She looked up at him, seeing the anger and frustration in his face, Zara had to admit that she was a little intimidated by this because she had never once made Zack look or feel this angry...

She shifted away slightly before he turned to her,
"Zara, The reason I left was because..."
She lifted a brow

"Because?" Zara's voice trailed, he looked down.

"Because they didn't want me to see you..."

She stared at him for a few seconds before she put her hands to her eyes
"Z-zack..."
He let out a groan and shakes his head,

"That's in the past now, right now we have to worry about tonight, we will survive until this night is over, and I will do anything to protect you."
Zack leaned forward and kissed her forehead.

"And that is a promise."