45-Traveling But Not Really

GET A PEN PAL FROM ANOTHER COUNTRY 

Learning a new language or researching a culture is hard but immersing yourself can help. Unfortunately, immersion is not easy and not many people have the ability to travel by will. This challenge is to immerse yourself by feeding off the immersion you get from a pen pal. 

Of course to communicate with a pen pal you have to know how to write a letter. Here is a sample pen pal letter, more or less. This is a more formal letter but you should be writing it by HAND. 

Month/Day/Year

Dear Pen Pal,

Greetings my pen pal. How are you? What is your life like? Some other hopeless communicational skills that come from having a social life. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I really like writing to you. 

Sincerely, 

Me, the writer

Here are some conversation starters and questions to ask your foreign pen pal.

What is your favorite _____?

What is the most popular holiday in your country?

Do you speak any other languages?

What is your country's main export?

What government does your country subscribe to?

Have you ever had a pen pal? How was it like? Post in the comments below. Remember to 'like' the chapter. You have been educated.