Chapter 2

The light burns the eyes, and the great fireball caused by the explosion could be seen over any horizon, and heard the whole world over. Many where in awe, a prophecy as long as the dark age itself come true, the return of fire, of sunlight. With this, fear still loomed over The Lord of Hollows, damned by this sight, afraid and enraged at the first deific figure the world has seen in thousands of years. The last one he ever saw and slew.

*******

"He angers. Yet is afraid." Multiple voices chime over a burning expanse, churning all the while.

"He knows it's us? Or shall I say... It?"
A mighty voice booms, with the authority of a Great Lord, shaking the burning expanse.

"He knows we've come to consume him..." Yet another voice slithers, looming hunger in its voice, darkening the flames to a deep blue.

"We only have come to claim what is ours." Another voice says justifiably, the colour of the flames change again, this time to a royal, yet dull, gold.

"Why must he fear? Wouldn't one that has bested us before be more confident?" A voice, low and solemn chimes in, pondering his own question.

"In due time we shall know, he's not all too far from us. Maybe a day away..." this new voice, his effect on the burning expanse was minute, almost as if he where lesser to the others.

"That could well change, one as dark as himself may find away to evade, to buy himself more time during our hunt." The synchronized voices chime in once again.

"Coward or not, we must all agree that he must die, correct?" A new voice calls, demise and doom rolls through the burning expanse, the voices all drop, silent in thought. A decision is made, but not muttered from an individual.

"Kill... The Flames Defiler!" The ancient knight bellows in a mighty howl, it's voice crackling as if on fire itself. Flames off of the great being grow intensely into a bright yellow burn, running even faster to where it senses the Defiler of Flame.

*****

People all around Catarina saw the great light, and now the faint eclipse that hangs overhead, bringing dull, but dear sunlight upon their skin. A man in peculiar white, onion shaped armour runs towards an old church that sits away from the sight of most people in his kingdom, a church older than the age of Hollows itself.

"Father! Father! The prophecy has come true! Just as you said it would." The knight shouts as he runs into the church, bursting through the doors in excitement and cheer.

"I know, I know... I saw the great light over the horizon, along with the dull eclipse, Erhardt." The old priest replied, hanging his head while clutching his talisman between both hands.

"What is wrong father? Isn't this a day of great tidings?" Asks Erhardt, his gleeful voice wavering in confusion, approaching the altar at which the priest kneels.

"I am happy, my son, but I am also afraid... Not of the return of sunlight. But rathe of what The Lord of Londor shall do in response." The priest replied gravely.

"Isn't the return of sunlight good for all? Even for The Lord of Hollows?" Erhardt inquires, crossing his arms.

"It is good for all, all but him and his kingdom, this signals the end of his reign, and the possible fall of Londor with it."

"To hell with Londor! And their blasted Lord! What have they ever done but steal and murder?"

"Watch your tongue! You'll still be thrown away to hollow in a pit for speech like that!" The priest bellows, glaring at the knight of Catarina.