reap what you sow - khai

I sat alone in the suite. Travis had been gone now for god knows how long now. I was completely shaken. I couldn't move and I didn't know that I could even speak. I felt like the world had just stopped turning and what light that had been shining in my life was quickly shut down by the mere thought he was back in my life.

He made me feel so dirty. So meaningless. I felt like if I turned up missing today, I wouldn't be missed. What was worse was the painful kiss he left me with. It brought back memories of all the pain I went through being with him. The even worse memory of how sweet our relationship first started off as.

As I stared out of the windows, my hands shook as I brought them to my lips, hot tears landing on the royal blue Giants jersey adorned with Odell's name on it. The last thing I remembered Travis saying to me was, this wouldn't be the last of him I saw and I knew to take his word to heart. The evil smile on his face. He looked so much more intimidating now than he did the last time I saw him.

I guess the fear of the unknown started to get to me more than I wanted because my breathing became erratic and shallow, beads of sweat streaked down my forehead involuntarily, spots started to appear in my vision and then there was black.

"Khai!" Dominique's voice was tremulous in fear. "Khai! Wake. Up!" She urged impatiently.

My eyes fluttered open and I quickly jumped to my feet and scanned the room frantically. I was surrounded by familiar faces. I looked for one in particular and he was nowhere in sight which honestly didn't soothe my anxiety anymore than if he would have been there. "He was here!" I wheezed out over and over. Dominique looked at me confused. "Travis. Travis was here."

Everyone, including Heather, was watching me have a mental breakdown. They looked at me with fear in their eyes. "Khai, are you sure?" I looked between all the worried faces. There was no proof that he was. I could have been imagining it.

The eerie sensation of being watched hit me. I thought of the person I bumped into leaving the subway. I remembered the creepy staring contest that night. Every feeling and vibe I felt then matched the one I felt sitting in front of Travis again. There was no denying he was with me. "He was here. He was in this room Domo." I brought a shaky hand to my lips again and shuddered.

After the scene at the game, Dominique drove us home immediately. For a while she lay in bed with me, stroking my head and humming lowly to herself until she got a phone call. She excused herself and rushed to answer it. I sat silently and listened to her side of the conversation. "If you want to." She paused for a few minutes. "It wouldn't hurt if you did...I know, I know but she needs to stay home right now. It was really bad earlier...Okay, I'll see you in an hour." I looked towards my doorway as her footsteps neared again. "Odell is on the way. He wants to come and make sure you're okay." I shrugged and laid back down, staring out at the sky fading from a warm pink color to the dull dark blue I was so used to.

Dominique crawled back in the bed, leaned down and kissed my cheek and hummed me to sleep. I thought that dream was bad, but seeing him in person didn't compare. The dead look in his eyes, the dry tone as he teased me with his words. His promises of harming me and taking everything I loved one by one, leaving me last to ensure I suffered as long as he felt I should. I put nothing past him now. Sleep came and went, every dream turning into a chilling nightmare. Dreaming of flying then suddenly crashing into the earth below me. Being locked in a box slowly filling with water, no means of escape. Flashing images of Travis face. I woke up time and time again, accepting the fact sleep wasn't something I wanted to do right now.