My Dear Ava

My Dear Ava,

You're 23 now, how time flies my love. I hope that I got the chance to see you grow, chase after your dreams and fall in love. You're probably thinking how melodramatic I am , but I miss you anak. I never really got to know you, your mama and I were never really given a chance. But I'd like to think that you would have been a papa's girl. We would have been attached to the hip, like two peas and a pod, yet you would have been a constant reminder of how beautiful your mama is. Though you probably would have gotten my color, your features would have been all of your mama's and I'm not complaining, she really is beautiful. Which probably would scare me because of the amount of boys that would go after you. You probably would have been dating by now, or have a boyfriend and I would have been the cool dad and be totally on board yet totally scared at the fact. You probably would have been the perfect ate to Julianna. You probably would have been overprotective of her and spoil her to no end. She would have loved you as her ate. Even your Tita Lucy would have loved you and how sweet you are or at least how I imagined you'd be. All of what could be's and what if's makes me wish to turn back time and fight harder for you anak. Why'd you have to leave so soon. I didn't even hear your first words, watch your first steps or celebrate your first birthday. But I'll never forget your first cry, your first laugh and first smile. I'll keep them all in my heart anak, it will probably hurt less knowing you're in a much better place than a hospital with needles and machines. You fought a great fight anak, and I'm so proud of you. I miss you every second of the day my angel. Watch over all of us here, I hope I make you proud. I love you so much.

Love,
Papa