Surprise

Dawn's POV
"I'm so excited to come home tomorrow ma, I bet the decorations in Makati are up." Ava said as she was packing over FaceTime although I couldn't see her face cause it was focused on her wall. "I'm so excited to see you too anak! Your papa has been cooking a storm, all your favorites"

"Oh yeah ma, that reminds me" then she focuses the camera to her face. "You got a haircut?" Then she messes with her hair "Oh this, yeah, I got it a week ago. Do you like it?" It was a short bob, with curls in the bottom. She even colored it with a lighter brown and subtle highlights. She looked beautiful but all grown up. Wait until her papa sees it, he'll flip out. "I Love it! But don't you think it's a little mature for you anak?" I said nicely. "Well, that's why I got it. People are mistaking me for a whole lot younger than I actually am." Which is kind of hard to believe given her height, which of course she got from Richard. "Younger?" She started laughing. "Yup. They think I'm 17, when I'm almost 21. Hey I'm not saying that's a big gap, but I need people to take me seriously. I'm graduating in a few months and I don't want people to think that this girl is too young for the real world."

Then Richard steals a kiss from behind, "Hello love." I kiss him back. "Hello babe."

"Uh, guys. Still here?"

"Sorry anak, didn't realize you were there." It took a moment to let it sink in, then Richard noticed. "Anak, what did you do to your hair?"

"I cut it, you like it?" In her fake British accent, trying to mimic Hallie in Parent Trap. "I like it, but anak Baka dumami mangliligaw mo. You know that being so far from you makes me worried about boys." He tries to continue, then I kick his leg. "But you look incredibly beautiful anak, you always have."

I know Ava well enough to know that didn't take offense to her papa but instead laughed at how overprotective he still is. "Pa, almost-21 Na daw baby natin, and people think she's 17." I tell him explaining the hair. "Well, it's in our genes, that good look of yours anak, look at me I look younger also. Your mom never aged a day since the day I met her."

"Ito talaga asawa ko bolero." As I scrunched his hair. "Na oout of place Na naman ako. Anyways you'll see me in all my beautiful glory on Thursday. I love you guys.

A notification suddenly appeared on my screen. Avagomez tagged you in a post.

avagomez: The parentals flipped over FaceTime over the hair. What do you guys think? Yay or Nay. #overprotectivedad