My Princess

Imagine Ava all grown up, she's getting married. And here's her papa's speech.

Good evening everyone, for those who don't know me, the wedding coordinator calls me FOTB. Father of the Bride. Today, the bride is my princess. It's a concept months in the making, one that was difficult to digest. I used to tease my friends when they were in my shoes, not realizing how hard it really is. This concept of my princess being the bride, started to dawn on me when I saw that sparkle in my daughter eyes, one that matched the ring on her finger, when she had her final fitting and said Papa, how do I look. Then i realized that her being a bride was a one day thing. What was scarier that my princess would be a wife. I used to pray that one day when she would become a wife, her husband will be so much better than I am. And here he is. Her Prince Charming. Stephen, Ava is my princess, the one who's very malikot when she's sleeping, the who used to say boys are yucky and the one who never fails to say 'good night papa, I love you.', no matter how far apart we are. Today, I hold you responsible for my princess, for she will be your queen. Treat her like one, be a better man for her than I ever was because she deserves it. I love my daughter so much, that seeing how you make her happy is enough for me to welcome to the family. So let's toast! To Ava and Stephen!