Chapter 2: Homeroom

HI! It's Sam again! Love to here feed back and ur reactions, things will spice up soon, stick with me and I'll surly not dissapoint. Also, check out another Percabeth story I wrote call Hiding in Plain Sight it's another percabeth and I hope u enjoy!
Percy's POV
After April drags me into homeroom, I take my seat in the back of the class. April sits next to me, and we wait for the teacher to enter the classroom. Until then, we are free to talk, "Are you from New York?" I ask her. Not meaning to reach a touchy subject. "Yeah. I mean, I was born in Brookline if that's what you mean." She said.
After that, we both fell silent for a minute too long. Finally I break the ice.
"Ok, nice. Ummm... Yeah...Sorry to make things...awkward. But my girlfriend is uhhh... Handling family business in Boston. I'm just trying to make friends." April looks down and murmurs to herself. Something I can't make out. "What is she like?" She said, looking into my eyes, something about her expression... "Annabeth. She's amazing, smart, funny. She's.... The love of my life. I can't live without her." I said trying to keep it short. I could go on forever but I don't want to bore her. I realize then I was talking into my desk. I glance back up at April. "You're living without her now?" She asked, more quite. Getting more touchy at the subject. "I'm dealing. What about you? Anyone special?" I ask, turning it back to her. "Nope. Not a soul. Fries before guys." April said with a wide smile across her face. I had to laugh at that. I don't know if that was girl talk for I'm a virgin and I'm proud to be, or I can't get a boyfriend so I like to eat fries. I smile anyway just to push the subject away. As we finish up the awkwardest conversation ever, Mr. Greenwood walks through the doorway. "All right, everyone take your seats so I can take attendance. Chloe Allen, Bruse Apall, Jammy Babiche, April Bcstard, Annabeth Chase..." I raise my hand. "What is it Jackson?" He said, judging me at first glance. "Annabeth will be coming in a month or so, she's out." I informed. Mr.Greenwood rolled his eyes. "I know this Percy, Annabeth emailed the board telling everyone that she will be late coming to school this year. Keep to yourself next time." He slammed the clipboard on the desk looking it over, not making eye contact with the class. "Looks like everyone is here. You may go to first period." He signaled to the door and all the students rushed out at once. I was about to run out myself, but April held me back. "Never run with the crowd, always stay behind or you could get trampled. Then, instead of rushing, you can enjoy the walk to class." She watched the door like a hawk until the last person was out. "Now we may go." She said as she leisurely walked out of the classroom with no problem. I silently follow her out. "There is so much to teach you Percy Jackson." She nodded her head back and forth as we walk to math together.