Chapter Twelve - Get Out Of My Head

{Jillian Sparks}

"Did something good happen?" Darwin asks me, cautiously.

We are seated in his Maserati, him driving us both to my place. I phoned him a while ago after a few minutes of calming myself from the previous events. He was actually really worried about me because he said that he called me hours ago but a guy had answered, not me. I explained everything to him immediately and assured him I was fine now. But let's disregard that, my heart seemed to burst out my chest due to over exhilaration. The giddy feelings are still here from the blond-haired angel I met just a while ago.

"You can tell?" I beamed, looking at him from my left.

"Well, judging from the way you smile like that and the way you giggle every five seconds, yes, I can tell." His nose is crinkled while smiling faintly. A sign that he's amused and weird-out at the same time.

"It's just that..." I made a little squeak, that earned a chuckle from him, not able to stop the joy I'm feeling, "I think I finally met my prince." Embarrassed about what I said, I burry my face to my palms. I'm completely aware of how identical I look to tomatoes right this moment.

I heard his laughter dropped and silence took over. Peeking through my fingers at him, his features were hard and veins were evident under the skin of his arms because of his sudden tight grip on the steering wheel.

"I know." He asked after a long pause.

"You do?" I asked, letting my hands fall to my lap again. "How?"

Did he somehow saw us, me and Paul, earlier?

"Because you're staring at him." He glanced at me and winked.

Rolling my eyes, I chuckled. For a second there, I thought I said something that upset him. "Ugh, you idiot. I'm ser-" The car halts to a stop, making me zip my mouth in an instant.

"We're here. Let's go." Darwin tells me in a hassle that I almost think he's talking in foreign. He hoped off the car, straight to the building's entrance without opening the car door for me and without sparing me a second glance.

Okay, so I did upset him.

***

When I opened my door, I was greeted by a 'ruff ruff' of a puppy.

"DJ!" I gasped, squatting down to hold my arms for him.

DJ is a poodle type of dog. We named him after Darwin and I's initials. His brown and looks so much like a stuffed animal that you can't even tell if he's real or not. He's super adorable. Me and Darwin switch our turns in taking care of him every week.

"Hey, there." Darwin appeared behind DJ, walking towards us but looking elsewhere.

Pursing my lips, I stood up while carrying DJ, "Why, hello there, Mr. Moody."

He smiled sadly, "Sorry, I got a little mad."

"Yeah, I know. I understand." I smiled back genuinely, reassuring him that it was okay.

"Okay." He said, looking at me now. "Are you hungry? Because there's still a lot of food in the dining area."

Now that he mentioned it, I'm really starving.

"Speaking of which, how the heck did you manage to prepare that massive amount of food?" I asked, walking with him to the dining area.

"Oh, that." He smirked to himself. "Most of them, I stole from the restaurant floors below." I chuckled at this.