Chapter Thirteen - Surprised? Incredibly, yes.

Chapter Thirteen – Surprised? Incredibly, yes.

{Jillian Sparks}

'Colors' is one of the many businesses run by the Fords. It is a company worked by architectures, engineers, interior designers and furniture makers and artists. I come here every Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays after school as an intern. I aspire to be fully employed in here even though I am the heiress of my parents' business. They own several beaches in America and some in Asia. As long as they still can run the business, I would just linger onto the taste of my freedom of doing what I want. Doing what I should will come after that. Mom and dad were actually the first one who initiated this thought since they saw my passion in interior designing.

We, interns, don't do very much work. We just organize files, help the regular employees run some errands, and sometimes just observe what the professionals are doing. This might sound boring but in my defense, the mere fact that I get to be here three times a week is a pure blessing. Considering the fact that this business is owned by my most admired person aside from my family – Mr. Steven Ford. He is the top businessman in the whole country. Apart from Colors, he also owns townhouses, spas, restaurants, casinos, entertainment production, even the school I'm currently studying and many more. He's somewhat like a legend to me. And I kind of know that he will be.

The elevator pings and made the '7' blink several times, indicating that we are now in the seventh floor which is my designated place. Stepping out of the elevator doors, I walked towards my destination. Mr. Liam Black – the one who supervises the interns – ran into me while I was only a feet away from the room of interns.

"Good day, Mr. Black." I greet courteously.

I like this man. He really guides and facilitates us for our improvement, unlike others who take advantage of their position and take us for granted, making us like their personal maids. Mr. Black is incredibly humble and even gives us words of wisdom when one gets scolded by doing something wrong or simply committing a mistake.

"Ms. Sparks! Thank God I finally see you." He says, a bit unusual to be his response. "I have been looking everywhere for you since yesterday."

Today is Thursday, so basically he wouldn't really have found me here yesterday because I wasn't scheduled to be here.

"Yesterday, sir? Oh, um, I only intern three times a week, which is Tuesdays, Thur–" he cuts me off by waving his hands in the air.

"I know, I know. Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. But I completely forgot about that yesterday until Allen reminded me. Ugh, I could be such an idiot sometimes." He sighs, rubbing a hand to his forehead which caused me to giggle. "Did you just laugh at your supervisor? Are you implying that I truly am an airhead, you little intern?"

Abruptly making a straight face, I utter, "I don't ever recall laughing at you, sir. You are the most serious, most intelligent person I know and there is nothing to be laughed about you. You're quite admirable, sir."

Another reason why I like this man is he occasionally jokes around to be closer to his subordinates, which is a very thoughtful trait of him. This man deserves a promotion. However, I hope he will be promoted after my time of interning here. I don't want anyone else to be my supervisor than this man in front of me.

A smirk came to his lips while saying, "That's too much, Ms. Sparks. Okay enough with the jokes," he says, although most of what I said are true, "so the thought of calling you yesterday crossed my mind but I think this will be more appropriate to tell you in person."