chapter eight

Taelem dragged her feet through the studio. She was extremely tired considering that she hadn't stayed out late in a quite a while. She had already made a pot of coffee, but it seemed to only work for a small amount of time.

Soon the boys came in to the studio. She wished she could go into the studio with them, but she had work to do. She sat in one of the cable rooms and tried to organize the closet full of guitar cables, microphone cables, and all the other geeky cables that are used around the studios. Taelem knew of them all, so it was easy for her to organize, but not when they were all tangled and thrown everywhere.

It seemed that Taelem always got annoyed somehow when on the job. She took a break and went to the kitchen to get another cup of coffee. When she walked in, Calum followed. They moved around in silence, pouring themselves coffee.

"Why aren't you in the studio?" Calum finally said.

"Work," Tae sighed.

"You should work with us," He wiggled his eyebrows.

"Well, so tempting," she chuckled.

"Luke was out late last night," Calum mentioned.

"Yeah," She shrugged. "We went for a drive."

"Mmm," He nodded. "A drive."

"Was there something else that was supposed to happen?" She asked.

"Oh, no," he assured Tae as he walked out of the kitchen. "But we're writing a song, so you should come by."

"Alright, maybe."

Taelem sat in the kitchen for a bit and sipped on her coffee. She took a break by sitting down to scroll through her phone. When she finally decided to make her way to the studio room, she walked slowly to the opened door. She could hear the boys voices from down the hall, so she decided to get a little snoopy.

"You guys gonna bang after," Michael's voice was heard first.

"Shut up," Luke responded.

"I'm joking," Michael laughed along with Calum's laugh.

"You should sing her a song," Ashton's voice came up next.

"Hey! You know what I say! Nothing says romance like an acoustic guitar," Michael said.

"I'm not going to sing!" Luke laughed. "We're just gonna go out for some coffee and talk. It's just casual."

"I think you're gonna be missing out with the whole singing thing," Calum teased.

"Alright guys, this one's mixed if you want to take a listen," James' voice interrupted their conversation. That was Taelem's cute to go in.

She pushed through the door to see the boys sitting around on the floor and on the couches. Tae held a mug in her hand full of coffee and gave them all a smile. She felt Luke's eyes on her so she looked to him and smiled again. He sat at the end of the couch so she took a seat on the arm of it.

"Sleep well?" He asked.

"Yeah for four hours," she sighed.

"I'm sorry I kept you out so late, I didn't know you had work so early," he said to her.

"It's okay, I had fun," She assured him. Before they could say any more, one of the songs began playing. It had a catchy riff to it, making Tae tap her foot just a tad. Tae thought of a couple things to add to te song, but she kept her mouth shut.

Michael's voice came first and his voice sounded so good. She smiled at the catchy melody he sang.

"This sounds good," She said to Luke.