chapter thirteen

Taelem sat at her desk with a raging head ache. She truly didn't want to be productive so she walked in to the studio and sat down. They were working on drums, so she couldn't be much of a help. It was nice to not have to think anyways. That's why she was in there. She sat down next to Luke who sat next to Calum. Both sat on their phones and scrolled through various social media's.

"Look at this dog," Calum leaned over to Luke. She stared at the screen while he watched. "Look Tae."

"Cute," she mumbled. It was cute, but her emotions just weren't portraying anything.

"How are you feeling?" Luke looked over at her.

She just shrugged.

"Maybe you should go home," He suggested. He put his hand in her thigh and rubbed it gently.

"Yeah, you look like shit," James turned around. "Everything okay?"

She wasn't sure what was wrong. She was just tired and her mind kept running back to Josie. She missed her best friend a lot, but things were so different now. It was emotionally draining.

Tae sighed and rested her head on Luke's shoulder.

"Yeah," James nodded. "Go home."

"You can go to our house if you want," Michael pipped in. "If you don't want to be around your friend."

"I might. . ." Tae finally spoke up. "I need to go get some clothes though."

"But I like when you wear my clothes," Luke whispered.

Tae blushed a bit and stood up. "Sorry rockstar. I do too, but can't live like that forever."

"I mean you could," Luke shrugged. "But-"

"But I don't want to," she said to him and kissed his lips. "I'm going to leave and go binge watch something."

"See you later," Calum said.

"Later," Michael waved.

As Taelem walked out of the building, a few girls stopped her. "Is 5SOS recording here?" One of them asked.

Tae thought deeply on how she would play this one out. "Who?" She asked.

"5 Seconds of Summer..." the other girl explained.

"Oh, I don't know."

"Well have you seen them in the building?" The  first girl asked.

"Don't you hang out with them?" The last girl asked.

"Look, I don't think I can help you guys," Tae finally said.

"Are you in this picture with the boys?" the first girl asked. She showed a picture of herself and Randy sitting at the concert.

"Weren't you at their concert with Randy Molly?" The second girl asked.

Great, Tae thought. "Oh yeah! I'm friends with Randy Molly. That's me, but I don't know them. I was there for Randy," Tae finally admitted. She shrugged and started walking away. Half the truth. "Good luck."

She wondered if that's what the boys had to deal with all of the time. It was quite annoying, if she was being honest, and she wasn't even the actual band. That was only three girls. She sighed and walked to her car, putting on Bon Iver, and drove off.

————————————

Tae walked in to the apartment to see that the lights were on. She was quiet as she walked in and slipped through her room. She didn't want Josie to know that she had arrived home in hopes that they wouldn't have to have any awkward confrontations. As she packed her bag, she heard Josie talking from the other room. She was talking about Tae.