Chapter One

*Disclaimer*

This story, is based on the film Nerve coming out on July, 27th. I strongly advise you to go see it once it's released. All of the information given in this book is based on the promos and previews along with the research I have done on the movie. I have not seen the actual movie, nor have I read the original book. The story line for the film is the same, however the movie may turn out to be different. I didn't know Nerve was a book until July 23. I haven't touched the book just to make sure I have my own original material. I saw a preview of Nerve a few days ago, and thought to myself, 'I want to write a story on this.' I figured I could make it my own month writing challenge with the little information and detail I was given. However I must state, as a matter of courtesy and decency much of the content is based on the previews, which means I am not the original creator. I did however, create many of these characters and events because I have not seen the movie (because it hasn't been released), and I have Not read the book. I needed to fill the gaps somehow. Enjoy :)

We all sit around the small lunch table in the back corner- April, Sean, Spencer, Lucy, and myself. For the first five minutes of lunch Sean and Spencer sit each with one earbud in, staring at Sean's phone. Every now and then they'd smirk, or gasp, sometimes laugh, but all communication with us was cut off.

April, Lucy, and I watch in perplexity. "What are they looking at?" I ask April.

She looks over at me with a small, knowing grin, "Like I told you last night- it's the online game Sean is going crazy over."

Lucy pipes in, "Yeah, I've even heard he spent like three hundred dollars on it."

I raise my eyebrows, "What?! Three hundred-" I don't even finish my sentence. I stand up, leaning across the table, and pull out their earbuds.

"Hey!" They both shout at me. Sean yanks the earbuds out of my hands, "What was that for?!"

I raise my eyebrows, "Three hundred dollars?"

Sean shakes his head, "What are you talking about?"

"You spent three hundred dollars on some app?! Are you crazy!?" I whisper shout at him.

Sean and Spencer both look at each other, then return their stare to me.

"It's not just an app, Vee." Spencer says with a chuckle.

Rolling my eyes I huff, "Oh, please. I've heard that one before." I begin to mock Spencer's voice, "It's not just some app, it's special."

"Vee, he's right. This is different." Sean speaks up.

"I don't care if it's different! You can't just go bankrupt on some app!"

"Actually it's a game." Spencer tells me.

I raise my eyebrows higher, if that's even possible, "A game?! Even worse! What do you spend all your money on, unlocking levels?!"

Spencer and Sean start laughing while I take a seat, staring blankly at them.

"Why is this so funny?" I ask.

Spencer shrugs, "I just find it amusing how you think three hundred is going to bankrupt him."

I furrow my eyebrows, "Don't tell me you do this too."

"Meh, he's spent more than I have, but not by much. That'd only be because he found it first." Spencer says casually.

"How much did you waste on it?" April asks.

Spencer shakes his head, "Not waste. Never waste. Two hundred, to answer your question."