Chapter Twenty-Eight

"What?!" I nearly scream. Ian slaps a hand over my mouth, but I jerk away.

"Shh. He's going to hear us!" Ian scolds.

"Do you really think I care if he hears us now if you're just planning to shoot me?! I think that's going to make a whole lot more noise than me shouting at you!" I hiss in a violent whisper.

"Listen to me Vee!" He scolded quietly.

I furrow my eyebrows with insane frustration, "What's there more to listen to? That you're going to shoot me with your left hand instead of your right?" I take a short inhale- getting angrier by the second, "I-I was so stupid to have ever trusted you! I should've left when you told me you worked with them! I should've left when YOU almost got me killed! After everything, you use me so that you will win..." Shaking my head I lower my voice, "I wish I never had met you."

Tears begin slipping out of my eyes. The realization of his shallowness hurts more than I would've ever thought. I was actually starting to fall for him... If anything- it's better I know he's a selfish cheat now, than if I was to actually.. Date him and have to find out later.

Ian's face drops. I look away from his, wiping the tears off my face. I shake my head, "Take this stupid mask and get in yourself." I pull it aggressively off my face and shove it at him, "I quit." I finish.

Ian stares at me stunned. I yank at my hair in utter vexation. He furrows his eyebrows as a frown appears on his face. I turn around and am about to shout that I give up, because how else can I quit? I know Ian told me it's not simple, but if I want out- they have to let me... Don't they?

Ian grabs my arm with force before I can walk away. I turn back to him with eyebrows creasing in bitterness, "Let. Me. Go."

Ian slowly unwraps his hand from my arm, retracting it back to his body.

"Vee- please let me explain. You didn't even let me tell you-"

I cut him off in annoyance, "That you were going to shoot me, so you could win? Yeah, I got that. Thanks for clearing up whatever miscommunication we may have had."

Ian rolls his eyes. ROLLS his eyes at me. Why is he rolling his eyes at me? Shouldn't I be rolling my eyes at him?

"You need to stop accusing me of things, Venus." I cringe slightly when he uses my full name is such a dark attitude. He seems angry, very angry.

Instead of responding I just stare, waiting for him to continue.

"I'm not actually going to shoot you." He says finally.

My jaw drops, "What?!"

Ian's eyebrows raise, "You want me to?"

"Well, n-no. I just- I" I began stuttering over my words.

"You thought that when I said I'd shoot you, I'd actually shoot you."

"Well yeah." I respond as if it was obvious. I thought only girls said one thing and meant the other.

"We're going to act like I shoot you." Ian clarifies.

"How are we supposed to do that?"

"I'm going to shoot the gun at these boxes. You are then going to go to the worker." He tells me.

I look at him confused, "How should I walk up to him if I haven't actually been shot? I'm not going to look injured, and I'm sure he'll want proof."

Ian looks around a moment then back at me, "This is the part you may not agree with..."

Suspicion grows in my mind, "What would I not agree with?"

"Well.... To make it look real there needs to be blood."