8

LEXI

After seeing Gab at the Café, something in me felt wrong. I felt guilty, I mean I know I lied to her saying that I was busy with work. For the past days I've been avoiding her and somehow it worked for me. I wouldn't lie that I wasn't thinking about her because I do, almost all the time. But I'm sure whatever I'm feeling is not right. Maybe I am just amused by this girl, all bad ass and rebellious not to mention her smart mouth that got me dancing in the rain.

Imagine a 28 year old woman dancing in the rain, laughing her heart out and almost expecting to be kissed by a 21 year old girl who seemed to be just a tease. Think of how ridiculous that is. I just can't behave like that around her, even though it was a liberating moment for me.

The guy I was with at the Café was Jeremy. He's my first boyfriend, the one that migrated in India, my first love. I met him few days ago at the café and I learned that he moved back 3 years ago in the states where he met his wife, x-wife correction. We were just catching up when Gab walked in on us. Well actually it was more like a date. Jeremy told me that he and his wife agreed to call it quits after 2 years of marriage. He is now divorced from his wife and is been living a free man for almost a year.

Ever since we met again he was constantly communicating with me and asking me out on dates, telling me that he still have feelings for me and so on. But I'm just not sure if I was feeling the same for him. I mean he's my ex and I'm pretty sure I've gotten over him, we were practically kids then. He however has a soft spot in my heart. He's still the same sweet and thoughtful Jeremy that I fell in love with and who knows maybe we'd rekindle our relationship. Besides, I'm single and free to date anyone. One thing is keeping me from doing that though, or shall I say one person. It's Gab.

Gab makes me feel swirls of emotions I've never felt for someone before. She makes my heart pick up faster just by her mere presence. When she looks at me, those emerald green eyes seemed to lure me to her. I tried to avoid her and hate her even, but I always end up wanting to be around her. And this avoiding stunt I'm pulling is way harder than I expected.

The moment Gab left the café I felt uneasy and I had to fight the urge to follow her and just go wherever she wants. She's been asking me to take her out but I'd always find an excuse to avoid her. I told Jeremy that something came up and I needed to leave. Jeremy drove me home and I headed upstairs to think about Gab and how guilty it made me feel that I lied to her.

I sent Gab a text message to ask her where she was and that maybe I can show her around but there was no reply. I thought maybe she was upset with me for lying to her and avoiding her. So I decided not to push it and let her be. But I just couldn't put myself to stop thinking about her and the fact that it's getting late. I knew she went out without her car because I saw it earlier when Jeremy drove me home and the lights were off so I know she wasn't home yet.

I called her phone but it was off. I was starting to panic and the fear that something might happen to her grew every second. I couldn't forgive myself if something bad might happen to her. I mean she is my responsibility, it is my job to look after her and I haven't even done any of it since Day 1.

The next thing I knew, I was ringing Jenkins telling him that Gab was not yet home. I told him that the last time I saw her was late lunch at the Café and then she was gone and I do not know where she went.

Few minutes later, Jenkins arrived with Zelda. We were at Gab's house and Jenkins was frantic as Zelda was. Few minutes after Mr. Ervy was standing behind the door and I swear I felt my heart stuck in my throat. I was too scared to even face him. What will I tell him? That I am not doing my job looking after his niece? And that all I've rely with is a deal?