21

GAB

I stood there dumbfounded. So Lexi was the one next to my hut, just my luck. How is it possible to avoid this woman?

Lexi and I stared at each other and then she turned to Rob.

"Um, so I guess we wouldn't need your help anymore. Thanks anyway Rob"

Rob's face fell and his features changed from extremely happy to obviously upset. He managed a forced smile however.

I shrugged looking at Rob, then Lexi tugged my arm and we began moving outside the restaurant. She punched my arm making me flinch a bit.

"What was that for?"

"Gab, why did you do that?"
We are walking outside, making our way to our cottage with Lexi's hands still in my arms.

"What?"

"Why did you call Rob?"

"To walk you to your room obviously"

She punched me again.

"Aw, that's the second time now Lexi"

"Gab, I asked you to walk me to my room not him. And besides, I don't like the idea of Rob an-.."

I cut her off, not wanting to hear her nagging. This woman is indeed a nagger.

"Fine, I'm sorry. I just thought that may-.."

"No, whatever you're thinking is wrong. I don't want to lead him on. So stop whatever it is that you're planning okay?"

I made a face and sighed heavily.

"Kay mom, I'm sorry"

I stopped on my tracks and faced her wiggling my eye brows at her. A smile crept on her face and she shoved me lightly.

"Yes, that's way better"

"What?" Lexi looked at me quizzically.

"You look prettier when you smile"

Streaks of red began to from in her cheeks and I pretended not to notice. We continued to walk to our cottage keeping a very close distance and how I fought the urge to grab her and wrap her in my arms. We were silent for a moment until we reached Lexi's hut.

"So I guess this is my stop. Goodnight Gab."

I sat on the bench at the decking area outside of Lexi's hut and looked at her. She looks stunning tonight and I wish she'd let me stay longer.

"Gab go to your room, I'm getting inside now"

"Can I stay a bit longer?"

"Gab, I've got lots of things to do right now"

"Okay"

I stood up and walked lazily to my own decking area. I thought she already went inside her room, but then I heard her voice.

"Gab, I'd be at peace if you get inside your room now"

I just really don't want to go inside because the mood outside was so relaxing and it was so inviting. But yeah, mom would be mad.

"Fine"

I moved for the door seeing Lexi watch me closely. I stopped at my door and looked at her.

"Happy?"

She rolled her eyes at me and spoke.

"Goodnight Gabrielle"

I slam my door shut and crashed into my bed. What is her problem? It's like she's holding me as her prisoner when I should be having fun. Well I wouldn't mind if I'd be her prisoner and the cell would be in her room. She'd be a very sexy jail guard. I shook my head as I push the thought back into my mind.