Chapter 2 - Do you like yoga?

"Seriously, why do most people on social media post pictures every second of the day, and write very far out captions. Like this girl here," Lily moved closer to me and I look at the photo in her phone. "You see my dilemma?"

"Lily, as far as I know, she's not doing anything to you. You're the one who has problems with her posts, so why not unfollow her or something," I said as I took a bite of my tuna sandwich, "plus she's a very pretty girl, she can flaunt it all she wants."

Lily, my younger sister, always has something to say about everything.

She sees a young couple, she says, 'oh, they should know that nothing lasts forever and by the way I see it, they look like they're going to last for about 4 months'. She spots a kid eating a lollipop and she says, 'that kid's parents should know that any type of sugar intake in a diet can lead to dental cavities, poor nutrition and weight gain, poor kid'. And when she sees a dog she says, 'that dog is the cutest! If only humans were like dogs, then we'd all probably get along'.

Yup, that's Lily to you.

"I don't have problems with her looks. I mean, I know she's very pretty, but she should at least refrain from posting 50 selfies per day," stopping as she took a sip of her yoghurt drink. "And putting a bible verse as a caption in her duck face selfie is maddening that I want to triple face palm myself."

I let out a chuckle. "Well like I said, unfollow her. It takes a simple two to three clicks you know."

We're at our kitchen in the middle of the night, stuffing snacks in our mouths. I just finished my one hour bubble bath and completely clothed myself in my favorite comfy pajamas.

We don't always go around sneaking at our kitchen at night when my mom's asleep, but when we do, we talk about the most random topics there are. Well, most of the time Lily's the one doing the talking and I'm just here devouring my tuna sandwich as she babble.

I almost forgot that I brought my phone with me. I jerked at the sound of my phone beeping telling me that I got another message. And I wonder who's this from? Like I don't know already. This guy just won't stop pestering me! I got out of the bathroom earlier and received a text from him saying "dot". Once more.

I opened the message and it read. . .

"Do you like yoga?"

Well that's a very random question to ask on a stranger you haven't even met. Maybe if I ignore his texts, he'll go away. Yeah, he probably would.

I placed my phone back on the table and continued eating my tuna sandwich. Lily is still expressing her thoughts on why we shouldn't let go of a flying balloon. Telling me that once it pops, 90 percent of the time it'll fall to the ocean and the balloon's debris gets trapped in the stomach of a sea turtle. And that balloon will prevent them from properly swallowing their food.

My phone beeped, interrupting Lily's inspirational talk. But I told her to continue as I sluggishly get my hands on it again.

"Because yoganna drop your mouth once you see me in person."

Cringe. This person is so bored with his life that he randomly types a contact number in his phone and flirts with that poor stranger. Unfortunately for me, I'm that poor stranger.

I could make a list of the worst case scenarios possible to happen, but it would take me 'til morning to finish it.

Before placing my phone on the table, entirely ignoring the message, it beeped again.

"Are you really going to ignore me and pretend there's nothing special going on between us?"

I rolled my eyes, trying to stifle a scowl, but I guess it was pretty visible since in the middle of Lily's babbling, she stopped and told me, "You look like you're about to kill someone, Daisy. It kind of freaks me out, since, we're alone in the middle of the night and mom's asleep."

I sigh. "There's just this guy who—"

"Oh, so you have a boyfriend now? Who is he?" Lily interrupts as she sips another of her drink.

"What? No!" I exclaimed as if having a boyfriend is a sin. "As I was saying, there's just this stranger who keeps on bothering me today." I didn't realize I was already typing a message.

"Woah, careful on pressing your phone, sister. You just got it yesterday," she shakes her head chuckling, as she finishes her drink.

"This is her husband. What do you want from my wife?" Sent.

Ha, that'll do it. Take that old man that doesn't sound like one!

"I'm gonna go to my room now," Lily says as she stands and grabs her sweater, walking out of the kitchen, "last person cleans the mess!" she added.

I waited for a reply but I got none.

Poor guy, he must've think it's true.