Chapter 11

Riley's POV
When I woke up Maya had already left but she left a note.
With Lucas, took the bus ~ Maya
"Farkle, Maya already left,"
"Ok Riles,"
"Guess what day it is?"
"The 1st of December, which is...our anniversary,"
"Happy Anniversary Sweetie!" Farkle then took out a purple cat necklace. "Oh Farkle it's soo pretty, Thank you."
"Happy Anniversary Riles!" He leaned in and kissed me. We made out for a little bit. "Riles?"
"Yes Farkle,"
"What do you want to do today?"
"Be with you,"
"Ah, so I brought tickets to a new movie called One Dream Two Paths!"
"Oou!"
"And reservations at the best place in town,"
"Nice!"
"And the movie is not to 5:30 and dinners not to 8:00 so we have all day to do whatever."
"We could go to the beach,"
"I would love to!" We packed our bags and walked down, only a 25 minute walk to the beach. We strolled hand in hand down the foot path. We hummed songs together and danced. It was nice to have Farkle and me time. No work distractions or Family distractions. Just Farkle and I. I think it's our first alone day since the engagement, over a year ago.
"This is perfect, just you and me," I said as we laid on the sand, looking at the clouds.
"Perfect."

Maya's POV
I woke up at 5:30 am had a shower and caught the bus to the hospital. I was in Lucas' room when I got a called from Topanga.
"Hi Mrs Mattews,"
"Hi Sweetie, how's Lucas going?"
"Still breathing, but not awake....yet,"
"Oh, how are you holding up?"
"Not every well," I started crying again.
"Sweetie, don't cry it will be alright."
"I hope so,"
"Maya, don't loose hope!"
"I don't plan to but he is...lifeless,"
"Maya, breathe, what you need is a hug, find someone, I can't be there, sorry,"
"It's okay, I'm just glad I can still talk to you about stuff,"
"Always, I promise, where is Mrs Friar?"
"I don't know, I rang her number, but no reply,"
"Maya, I have to go sorry, they need me bye,"
"Bye,"
It was weird I haven't heard from Lucas' mother in 2 years. Normally Lucas talks about her a lot. She always had such a kind smile and gorgeous eyes, like Lucas. I began to cry again, I'm hopeless.

"Maya, don't cry,"
"Lucas? Lucas! Your awake! Nurse come quick!"
"Yes, sweetie." The nurse came in the door. "Oh Lukey Lukey is awake, come quick doc!" The doctors came in and examined him, Lucas told me to leave. I walked out the door and sat there waiting for him. I started singing 'sometimes I wish I could close my eyes and click my shoes cause there's no place like you,' It was the song that we danced to last time we were in Texas together. I have had it stuck in my head since then. It reminds me of Lucas and I when we were in high school and it didn't matter what anyone else thought. But now it feels different, like we lost it all. Like we meet once and haven't spoken since, yet I know everything about him.

"Hi Lucas, are we going home."
"After I fill out some paper work,"
"Ok!" I followed him to the bench and they had a mix up another patient. So he had to filled out the whole thing again.
"Let's go Maya," Lucas said as he handed the form to the lady at the office.
"Lucas, I have something to ask you,"
"Yes, Maya? Wait Maya, eat something first,"
"No,"
"Maya, you need to eat!" How does he know? He always seems to know.
We caught a bus to town and he took me to Charlie's Char Bar again.
"Maya, what do you want?" He said when the lady was taking our order.
"I don't know, you order for me,"
"Sure, two of what I just ordered thank you,"
"Lucas, I'm not hungry,"
"Maya, you need to eat!"
"No,"
"Maya, please eat,"
"No,"
"I'm too tired to fight with you over this, so did you want to ask me something?"
"How is your mother? You don't talk about her anymore,"
"We lost touch,"
"The whole story please Huckleberry,"
"Well, when I went to collage, she went on a trip to Paris and we would call each other every so often. You know how there were more Paris bombings, well she rang me after that to say she was alright. I called her everyday for 2 weeks with no reply and I haven't heard from her since."
"Oh, why didn't you tell anyone?"
"I don't know, it didn't seem important,"
"You should of talked to someone, have you tried calling her lately?"
"No, she must of changed her numbered because it doesn't work when I call her."
"I tried to call her when you were in hospital, but no response,"
"Okay, you asked me a question, now I am asking you a question,"
"Shot,"
"Why is there a drawing of me in your sketch book?"
I almost chocked on my glass of water. "How do you know about that?!"
"I looked through your book the other night,"
"SERIOUSLY!!" I stormed off, I couldn't bare to look at him. How could he invade my personal work like that. It's mean and unheard of. So pissed off right now!