Chapter 14

Maya's POV
Lucas and I are going on our first date since 9th grade. We were planning to tell everyone about the move on Wednesday night when we celebrate Riley's birthday all together. We spent the afternoon talking and I showed Lucas what had changed in New York. We went home and I fell asleep almost instantly.

"Morning Maya," Lucas said when I opened my eyes.
"Oh Morning Lucas," we laid so close together. I miss having someone to talk to every morning when I wake up. I didn't notice how much I'd missed it until now.
"What do you want to do today?"
"I have work today,"
"Oh I thought you were working on Thursdays not Fridays,"
"Not this week,"
"What is the time?"
"Don't ask me, look at the clock,"
"7:50,"
"Shit, I gotta go," I had a shower, got dressed in a flow skirt and loose top. I ran to my car with my handbag and keys. I have 8th grade first period and I can't be late again. I got to the classroom at 8:30 on the dot, just as the bell rang.
"Hi class,"
"Good Morning Miss Hart,"
"Take a sit, today we are working on light and shadow," Ally put her hand up.
"Yes Ally,"
"Why are you late again?"
"I just got up late, please take out your art books for some notes."
"Miss,"
"Yes Max,"
"You took our books home 2 weeks ago,"
"Yes I did, they...are...just..."
"Here," it was Lucas. Standing at my door holding 2 bags of books.
"Oh, hi Lucas,"
"Who's that?" Asked Milly.
"This is my boyfriend,"
"Wow, he hot,"
"Kate!"
"Sorry Miss,"
"Thanks Lucas, I finish at 1:30 today meet you at home," I said as he walked out. "Now, everyone please come and grab your books," the day ran as normal but I heard kids talking about me in the halls. I started my 7th grade class that afternoon.
"Hi Class,"
"Hi Miss Hart," Natasha raised her hand.
"Yes,"
"Is it true you have a super hot boyfriend?,"
I blushed. "Where did you hear this?"
"The 8th graders,"
"Of course, don't worry about that right now focus on your Christmas paintings. Yes Maddi,"
"Please tell us about him,"
"Okay, we went to school and college together but I got sick and other things happened," I started crying.
"Miss, are you alright?"
"I'm fine," I said as I wiped my tears away. "Now please get back to work"
"Yes, Miss,"
"Thank you,"
I got home at 2:00pm and when I got home Lucas was standing there. He was holding a cup of mint white hot chocolate. I grabbed it and sat on the couch.
"Thanks for bringing the books to school,"
"Do I here sarcasm?"
"Yes,"
"Why?"
"All day students were talking about you, I had 4 classes today and they all asked about my 'super hot boyfriend' they wanted to know about us and how we meet."
"Is that so bad? They were interested in your life,"
"Yeah,"
"What's wrong?"
"Did you think this through? What are you going to do with the ranch? How are you going to make money here?"
"Of course I have, the ranch goes to Zay, I don't have any other family...well,"
"Yeah, and how are you going to make money?"
"No I haven't thought about that yet,"
"Well you should of,"
"I could finish photography studies,"
"Yeah but how are you going to pay for that,"
"I Don't Know!"
"Lucas," I said in a soothing tone.
"WHAT?!" He span around and went to hit me before he realised what he was doing.
"Breathe, hold my hands, look at me, relax,"
"NO!" He grabbed his bag and stormed out. Great, just great he is Texas Lucas now. Hope he doesn't get hurt. I have to talk to Topanga.

"Maya!" It was Topanga, she wrapped me in a tight loving hug. "Tell me everything sweetie," she said as she lead me to the couch.
"Lucas and I are dating,"
"That's great honey, how are you going to do the long distance relationship?"
"He is moving back here,"
"Okay then why did you sound worried on the phone?"
"I came home and we were just talking about stuff, then I asked how he was going to make money, since he is moving back here after Christmas,"
"Then what?"
"He then got angry and tried to slap me but he stopped when he realised what he was doing,"
"Has he done anything like this before?"
"Once in 11th grade, he got so frustrated by his mum calling him that he almost punch me, but he punched the wall instead."
"Yeah, I remember that, his knuckles were bleeding really bad,"
"Then in grade 12 he stormed out of the classroom, Riley went out and she came back with a bruise. I chased him down and he almost slapped me. Mr Mattews sent him to anger management."
"Yeah, we all remember that, he was with the guidance counsellor for 2 weeks."
"I have called and called him but no reply,"
"Hmm....where is his safe place?"
"Well it used to be his house but not anymore," I said.
"And why didn't you go to Riley about this?"
"She doesn't know he is moving back here yet,"
"Why?"
"Lucas doesn't want to tell her......yet,"
"Why don't you call Farkle?"
"Yeah good idea,"
I picked up my phone and rang Farkles number. I started pacing to room. Lucas could get hurt if he's not careful or worse. No don't think about that. Think rainbows and bunnies. No that reminds me of Riley and how I am lying right now. Great I feel terrible.
"Hi Maya, What's up?"
"Hi Farkle, is Lucas there?"
"No, should he be?"
"I don't know,"
"Maya, what happened?"
"Lucas and I got into a fight and he went into Texas Lucas, he stormed off. I can't find him, could you ring him."
"I can do one better,"
"What?"
"I'll track him,"
"How?"
"I have a tracking device in all your phones,"
"Oh okay?"
"Don't worry it's just if you guys pull a Maya,"
"What's a Maya?"
"When you run away when your upset or someone hurt you,"
"Okay, please hurry,"
"I'll call you when I find him,"
"Thanks, Bye,"
"See ya, bye,"
I hung up and sat back down. Mrs Mattews stood up and went into the kitchen as Mr Mattews walked in.
"Hi Maya, what are doing here?" He greeted.
"Lucas is missing," I said still staring at my phone waiting for Farkle or Lucas to call me and tell me everything is alright.
"Texas Lucas?" He said as he sat down beside me.
"Yeah, he is moving back here after Christmas, so we were talking about that and we then got into a fight, now I can't find him,"
"Did he hurt you?"
"Almost but no, he went to slap me but stopped himself,"
"Good he is not full blown Lucas Maniac."
"Yeah, I guess,"
"What Maya? We will find him,"
"I know that but we just started dating again and the first thing to happen is a fight,"
"Your Dating Again!"
"Oh did I leave that bit out?"
"Yes!"
"Corey relax," Topanga said as she returned and placed her hand on his.
"He didn't ever fix Texas Lucas, I'm just worried,"
"I know that, but it doesn't bother me, I think it proves we are not all perfect, but perfect in each others eyes,"
"I know but you don't know what he is capable of,"
"He won't hurt......He can't hurt me.....He wouldn't, He couldn't,"
"Maya, I know Lucas and I know he wouldn't hurt you in anyway. But I don't know Texas Lucas, I don't know what he is capable of."
"We need to find him, I'll call Farkle again," I grabbed my phone and stood up. "Farkle, please pick up, please pick up, Hi Farkle any news?"
"I found him at the Fitness Gym near your house,"
"Is there anyway you can talk to him and calm him down?"
"I'll try, but we all know you calm him down the best,"
"I know,"
"Come down here Maya it will help,"
"Okay be there in 5...10 traffics bad, see ya,"
"Bye,"
I hung up, said goodbye and got in my car. The gym isn't far it's just the traffic at this time. I finally reach the gym and see Farkles car out the front. Good he is already there, that will make this easier. I walk in, show my pass and see Lucas punching the bag while Farkle sits across from him.
"Hi Lucas, Hi Farkle," as soon as I sat down next to Farkle, Lucas grabbed his bag but I grabbed him. "Lucas sit here and talk about it, please," He just pulled away. "Lucas, please,"
"No, Maya,"
"WHY? Can't you talk about it?"
"NO MAYA!"
"Lucas just talk to me what's bothering you, please," I pleaded.
"NO!" He went to slap me again but...
"Lucas Friar! Don't you dare do that!" It was Riley. "Don't you lay a hand on her head or I will ring your neck!" He backed away, grabbed his bag and left. "Maya are you alright?"
"I'm fine Riles,"
"You don't look fine," she came to sit down next to me.
"I'll go find him," Farkle said as he got up.
"No, don't bother he doesn't want to talk," I said pulling him back down. "I just want to sit here with you guys for a little bit, if that's okay?"
"Is that okay, boss?" Riley said talking to Farkle.
"All fine by me," he replied.
"Hey Riley, how did you know where we were?"
"I followed Farkle on the track app,"
"Am I the only one who doesn't use this track app?"
"It's only if you pull a Maya,"
"Of course......hey Riley want to have a girls night?"
"I'd love too, why don't you come to my house?"
"Sure, I'll just pack a overnight bag from home and meet you there,"
"Why don't I pick you up?"
"Even better," I went home grabbed some clothes, movies and stuff ran down to Riley's car. "So do you have any triple choc-banana ice cream?" I asked when I got in the car.
"Um... I don't think we have any left," Riley said as she pulled into traffic.
"Then we're going to the shops first,"
"Okay is there anything else you want?" Riley said when we were getting the ice cream.
"Umm....maybe some.....sour skittles and honey roasted chicken chips,"
"Sure, let's go I'll pay,"
"No I will help,"
"No Maya, I'm treating you today,"
"Fine," we got in the car and drove to Riley and Farkle's house. When we arrived Chelsea, their maid, came to open the door for us. I love Chelsea, she is so sweet. Farkle has a butler, Ben, a cook, Maxine and 2 maids, Chelsea and Dove. And of course there is Jack the gardener and driver when needed. When I lived here for a little bit I used to hang out with them when I wasn't working.
"Hi Chelsea, it's been awhile,"
"Yes, Miss Hart, pleasure to see you again," she said as she took my bag.
"Chelsea it's Maya, please,"
"Maya, let's go I want to show you something,"
"Bye Chelsea," Riley took me up the elevator to the 4th floor. We walked through her and Farkle's room to my guest room, yes I have my own guess room in this gigantic thing they call a house.
"Maya, close your eyes,"
"Come on Riles,"
"Just do it,"
"Fine," I closed my eyes and wait until she said open. When she did I saw the giant flat screen TV and Aqua and Purple bed along with a new hot tub.
"Riley! THANK YOU!!" I hugged her tight.
"Your welcome, now what are we watching first?"
"Hmmm.... Why not Princess Diaries?"
"Number 2," then my phone started to ring.
"I am just going to take this,"
"Okay,"