6: The Closet

Max's POV
I'm really wanting  to go to Hamilton now. The music is amazing and Lin Manuel-Miranda is a genius with words and he's just incredible.

Also Jonathan Geoff isn't that bad looking either.

I'm listening to  my favorite song, Satisfied when I get a text. It's from Samantha.

{Don't throw away your shot. Come to my place. NOW}

What is it now?
Well she used a Hamilpun so it must be serious.
{k. 5min}
{make sure to pack}

Oh. We're running away. I can't. I love my Dad. Sure I haven't come out yet but he love me so much. It's only one person though, he's the only one who'll miss me. I have to do this.

I take my backpack and put in two outfits, two toothbrushes, and soap because I know she'll forget that. I also bring $1,000 of stolen money, 2 water bottles, and 5 protein bars. And a my phone with a charger.

It's close to 8:00.  I tiptoe down the stairs and bump into my dad.

"Oh, ummm hey dad!" Try to not be suspicious.

"What are you doing with a backpack?"

"Umm. I. Uh." Totally not suspicious. "I'm sleeping over at Samantha's house! Yeah that's what I'm doing. "

"Ok son. I trust you. Make sure you come back at 10:00 tomorrow ok? And make sure there's no romance. "

I have to tell him. If I don't now I'm gonna hate myself. 

"Dad. I need to tell you something."

"You can tell me anything. "

Shit. Shit. Shit. I need to say it. "Dad, I'm  gay."
Oh no. He's gonna hate me.

"Uh. Duh. "
What? Did someone tell him? How would he know?
"Of course you're  gay. I've known this before you went to school. I love you no matter what. Why do you think I let you have sleepovers with Samantha? I know you too well. "

"So. You're not mad?"

"Of course not. Now go to Samantha's house and have fun ok? I love you. "

I hug him so tight that I'm supersede that I didn't squeeze something out of him. I spot a tear rolling down my cheek.

"I love you dad."

"I love you too son. "

I shouldn't run away. I can't do that to him. I can call him right? I need to do this for Samantha.

I give him one last hug and I leave.

"I love you." I whisper at the door.
"And I'm so sorry for what I'm about to do to you?"