Chapter 1

Hey
So that's the song that I listened to while writing this chapter.

Enjoy!

    The air was crisp in the open area, contradictory to the forest I had just escaped from. It had rained all last night and the droplets still clung heavy to the dense greenery, causing my hike to be both uncomfortable and muggy. Wind swept through the small clearing and chilled my clothes, which were lightly damp from a combination of the humidity and my sweat.

    Raising my head, I found myself staring down the hollow memory. The wild flowers had abandoned their posts for the winter and the grass had lost some of its vivid color, in favor of faded tones. The scene was like a repeating dream; oddly familiar, but the tale that took place here had run its course.

    The hole in my chest flared. Breathing became a struggle. My lungs kept on gasping for air, but were left unsatisfied with the amount given to them. My heart was slamming so hard in my rib cage, I could feel the blood pumping in my skull. I could hear it in my ears. A wave of warmth washed over me, but it wasn't pleasant. It vaguely reminded me of being bitten by James. The heat of the adrenaline that had rushed through my body then, was rushing through it now.

    I looked down at the scar. It was impossibly whiter than my already-ultra-white-skin. I hated that scar, but treasured it at the same time. It proved to me that he was real, that he still is. He promised me that it would be as if he never existed, but my skin would be forever marked by his kind. In a similar fashion, this meadow would always serve as a reminder of him, of the feelings that arose within me the day he brought me here.

    The wound yawned and opened a gap larger than any nightmare had. The white-hot pain overtook me and I started trembling. I lost control over my own body and was  consumed by the movements that echoed in my torso. Warm tears started pouring from my eyes and like the hot droplets, I fell.

    I looked down to my weak, tremor-filled hand once more as I collapsed on the jagged grass. There was a rainbow reflected on myself. How nice, I bitterly thought to myself. I closed my eyes to wait out the attack that was inflicted by the wound.

    Breathe in.

    Breathe out.

    There was a cricket somewhere near me. By the volume of the chirping, that cricket wanted a mate. Badly.

    Breathe in.

    Another gust of wind was approached the opposite edge of the clearing.

    Breathe out.

    It stampeded through the grasses, towards my empty form.

    Breathe in.

    The lonely cricket stopped. Good, he deserves to die alone. Stupid cricket, putting himself out there in hopes of finding someone to love him. He should know better.

    Breathe out.

    The hair that had loosened from my ponytail whipped into the air as the gust enveloped my lifeless form.

    Breathe in.

    Wait, rainbows?

    Seeing the bits of color hung in the sky was a common sighting in Forks. However, today had been one of the few days a year that the cloud cover had surrendered over to the blue skies. Nevertheless, nothing natural glinted rainbows in the middle of a forest.