Chapter 4

Above is the song.

    It took the suppressed smile on–what I guessed was–Embry's face for me to understand that the boy at my feet was just trying to be funny.

    I bunch of words flashed through my mind, ranging from 'moronic imbecile' to ''idiotic butthead'.

    I didn't dare look at Jacob. I didn't want to see him smirking at the expression I just had on my face. I could handle many people laughing at me, but not Jacob. No, not one of the few people I trusted.

    "Do everyone a favor, and don't become a comedian, cause your jokes aren't funny, they're mean." I snarled before turning to my truck to drive away.

    It was a stupid plan, I shouldn't have come. I came over to try to get Jacob back, but all he did was laugh at me.

    You don't know if he really laughed at you. A small voice in my head said. I sighed, and suppressed it.

    I reached for the door handle to the car, when something caught my wrist. I looked down to discover that it was not a something, but a someone.

    I huffed and turned around to face the next victim of my frustration. It was the same guy.

    "Don't you know when to stop?" I accused. "I figured out your stupid joke! It's not funny anymore!" I looked up to the other guys for help, but they looked at me like I was the one that was missing something.

    "Bella, it's not a joke–" he took a breath "–it's real. And I–I can explain if you just listen." The boy said.

    "I'm listening." I replied, giving him the benefit of the doubt.

    "Maybe we should go to your place, to tell her." The boy said turning to Sam.

    Sam nodded his head and the boy turned to me. "Do you feel comfortable going to Sam's house with me and everyone else here?" He looked hopeful, like he couldn't bear if I said no. I couldn't help but feel bad for him. He a was still on his knees, but he was only a couple inches shorter than me, if that.

    I leaned down a couple inches, so I was on eye level with him whispered. "I'd feel a heck of a lot better right now if I knew your name."

    "Paul." He blurted out like he couldn't help it.

    "So, Paul,–" I said, leaning back "–what were you going to tell me?"

    "We should probably go to Sam's place first."

    "I'm good here." I stated

    Paul smiled. "Are you always this stubborn?"

    "Yes, she is. –" Jacob growled to Paul while starring at me "–She also doesn't like it when people help her or when they try to talk about feelings with her. Every once in a while, she hugs herself, and contorts her face like she is in pain, which I imagine she is. She hates the wet and cold, or when people spend money on her. She likes homemade gifts. Her home phone number is 495-667-2–"

    "Jacob." Sam interrupted. "You can an leave now."

    Jacob gave one last glance to me and ran, disappearing into the forest. He looked furious but desperate to control his anger.

    I watched him go. I knew I should have gone after him, and I started to, before a wave of pain washed over me. Chasing a guy through the forest was just an all too familiar story.

    Paul, seeing my expression, suggested that we go to Sam's.

    "Okay, which way is it?" I asked, further confused as to why Jacob ran off and why Paul kept saying he loved me.

    "Umm, it's a little bit far. Would you mind giving us a lift?" One of the boys said, gesturing to my vehicle.

    I looked around. Wouldn't they have brought their cars? Wouldn't they be here?

    "Where are your cars?" I interrogated

    "We can explain later, but can you just drive us?" The same boy asked.

    I sighed. "Can I at least know your names first?"

    "Anything for you." Paul said without hesitation.

    Umm. . . Okay.

    "I'm Jared." One boy said.

    "I'm Sam, but you already know that." Sam said with a smile.

    "I'm Embry."

    "Embry huh? Jake's told me lots about you." I said with a smile.

    "And just in case you forgot, I'm Paul." Paul said.

    "No, I remember." You tend to remember the name of the guy that falls to his feet, saying he loves you. I added in my head.

    "Okay, I'll drive." Paul suggested.

    "Nice try. My car, I drive." I said with a smile.

Sorry sorry sorry. I know this chapter is short.

I will not be updating for at least 2 weeks. Sorry.

If you did not read thatthen that's your own fault if you're confused as to why I won't update for a while.

________________________________

 I can do all this through him who gives me strength. 

Philippians 4:13

________________________________

829 words