Chapter Nine

MAKE ME VERY HAPPY BY LEAVING A VOTE ON THIS CHAPTER, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS CLICK/TAP ON THE THAT STAR ABOVE{for desktop}/BELOW{for mobile}.
.
.
.

*Jason*

My hands held the game box controller as I played Call of Duty with Hayley.

Damn her house was huge, but then I guess you can expect that from a girl whose mum is the freaking town mayor.

Hayley was actually really good at the game, she won every time we played. Out of frustration I dropped the controller and stood up from the long white – probably really expensive couch.

"You're giving up so soon?" she said, a smirk forming on her lips. I loved her but I also hated her.

I rolled my eyes, "Whatever, I'm hungry." I said pushing open the kitchen door.

I walked in and went over to the fridge to grab a drink.

The door swung open behind me. "There's no food." Hayley said. "My mom is asleep and the maid didn't come in today."

She rose her eyebrows in a suggestive way. "Unless maybe you want me to make you something."

My eyes shot open. "Oh hell no, I think I'd rather stay hungry." I said as she laughed at me.

We walked back into the living room and crashed on the floor.

"You wanna play FIFA instead?" she asked, looking down at me with a grin.

I sat up and crossed my legs, grabbing the controller. "I'm ready when you are."

She chuckled and sat on the floor beside me. After setting it up we began the game, hopefully this time I'll score a goal.

"You do know we're meant to be studying right?" I reminded her, tapping away on the controller as my eyes were glued to the large flat screen TV.

Hayley shrugged. "Who studies at midnight?"

"People who was to pass their Geometry test." My mouth was in a wide smile, one of my players had the ball and was heading for Hayley's post.

"Shut up Jay, you're distracting me!"

And I scored! "Yeah baby! That's what I'm talking about!" I cheered myself on, throwing my hands in the air.

I turned to see Hayley giving me a death stare. "Whatever, that would your first and last score anyway." She put the game on pause and reached for her phone on the table. Her eyes furrowed as she read the message that had been sent to her.

I tried to check it out for myself but I couldn't exactly see it. "What's that?"

Her eyes turned to me as if realizing my presence. "I just got to text from Gray." She said as my stomach churned.

She looked back her phone. "What does it say?" I asked hastily, trying to see her phone.

When I could finally make out what was on the screen, I took the phone from her and read the message.
Gray sent a screenshot of a text she got from an unknown number.

'Looking for me? You're close but not close enough.'

"I'm gonna kill that skank!" Hayley said getting up.

I would be lying if I said I understood what was going on because I didn't. "Wait who?" I got up.

"Annie!" She grunted. "She's doing this... I'm gonna teach her a lesson."