eight

i finally got the plot line figured out and i had three chapters ready im so :'D
also this is some of the songs that i thought fit the mood of the story. enjoy!

--

it was around four thirty in the afternoon that day, and iwaizumi was reading his history text book, when suddenly he heard oikawa's familiar voice calling to him.

"iwa-chan!!" his loud cheery voice enters iwaizumi's room.

iwaizumi put down his book and stood up from his bed without another word. "yeah oikawa?"

to his surprise, oikawa was holding a white small cat on his two hands. a bright smile pinching his cheeks, "he's adorable isn't he?" he pulled the kitten closer so it touched his cheeks. "i found him on the streets, earlier this evening when i accompany oka-chan to the market!" he told.

iwaizumi moved his gaze from oikawa to the kitten and slowly a small smile made its way up on his face. "he is cute.. what do you call him?"

oikawa furrowed his eyebrows, gently pulling the kitten back so he could focus his eyes at him, "i dont know yet.. the first thing i did when i get home was giving him a bath! thats why he's so clean now"

"any name came up on that brain of yours?" iwaizumi nudge his head towards oikawa, not really smart on choosing the words.

oikawa gasped as he darted his head to iwaizumi, "iwa-chan!! language! not in front of my baby!"

"he's not your baby, oikawa" iwaizumi deadpanned.

oikawa pouted as he turned his head away, "might as well be! he's a lonely stray cat on the streets! he should have a home and feel loved!"

iwaizumi sighed and shrugged his shoulders, leaning forward to rest his lower arms on the window frame, "so?" iwaizumi started, "what are you gonna do with the name?"

oikawa pursed his lips and started thinking for a name, bringing the cat on his hands higher to his chest. "i got louise.."

iwaizumi's face turned into a slight disgust face, "louise?-- that sounds like a girl's name"

"but its cute for a white cat!"

iwaizumi sighed and shook his head, a name popped in his head. he looked up to oikawa, "how about truffle?"

oikawa's face turned into a dissaproval face. and then he turned back to his cat, to meet him in the eyes. "im naming him mr. skittles" oikawa's mouth parted in a smile and his eyes lit up.

iwaizumi stare at him with a look. "mr. skittles? thats what you're going to name him?" he gestured to the cat with his hands.

oikawa nodded, not taking his eyes away from the cat. "yep! definitely!- i hereby named you, mr. skittles!" oikawa declared happily, holding the cat up in the air.

iwaizumi furrowed his eyebrows, clearly not being on the same page as oikawa. "that's a horrible name! im naming him truffle!"

"since when does iwa-chan can make that decision?!" oikawa pulled mr. skittles closer to him in a possessive way. "he's my cat!"

"well now he's my cat too then!!"

oikawa gasped, "iwa-chan you cant do that!"

"try me" iwaizumi was stubborn. "he's our cat now, and thats the end of the conversation"

oikawa's mood suddenly turned upside down, his lips parted and made an 'o' shape. "so we're like, parents now to mr. skittles?"

"truffle." he leaned his upper body forward a bit, correcting oikawa sternly. "and yes..-" iwaizumi felt his cheeks blushing as he turned away, suddenly realizing his decision but, oh well, guess there was no turning back to it.